Painted Exhaust

"thenewguy"

i was thinking about how i can cure my paint on my exhaust pipes. and i came up with 2 easy solutions.

1. throught it on the bike and let it run for a while untill it hardens up.

or

2. try to put it in the oven ( yes it fits) i was hinking about putting it in the oven at 200 degrees to let it cure for the recomended time. is it possable? has anyone ever trye this? is it the same as a kiln or what? as long as the paint doesnt set on fire then i think i would be golden. thanks

if you used regular bomb can paint on your pipes you are wasting your time. if you ride in the mud and shit like that its gonna chip off. ive found that the heat temp powdercoating works really well. might be more expensive, but its worth it when you dont have to paint your pipes all the time. as for the oven idea i think id just let them sit. i dont know if the oven will help all that much.

i heard that no matter how any one tried to cure the paint on pipes it still got messed up weather it be from riding, heat, or just time, like weeks ! id do like loco said and high temp powder coat them. if you allready have an oven, spend about 140 bucks for that hot coat gun and a 1/2 pound of high temp powder and go to town. or ceramic coating is alot cheaper then chrome.