Octane For 180

Schizo

well my thoughts on it are that 92 octane gas is around a 1.90 lets jsut say 2 bucks evan for comparison standards and i can go out and buy the race gas for 4.00 a gal in 112

so half and half is 3 bucks a gal and straight 112 is 4 bucks a gal so i might as well jsut runn the 112

the shee doesnt burn that much gas really

I don't know this for a fact, maybe somebody else does. I've been told that when blending fuels if you take lets say 92 and mis it 1/2 & 1/2 with 110 you cant always say the result will be 101 octane once blended. It could be significantly less. Thats what the petrolium dealer told me when I asked him about mixing say 114 and 91 pump. It may have something to do with the fact that most race fuels use lead to bump up the octane rating, so when you blend it with a pump gas that is unleaded it dilutes the lead significantly and changes things in ways so that can not be calculated as a linear result. There was no significant gain or loss in the amount of money I would spend at the petrolium distributor since the 114 cost 2x as much as the 100 octane that I buy there so there was no sales motive for the guy to sell me one or the other fuels. He just recommended that I should buy and use straight race fuel that had the octane requirement I wanted because with blending you might not be getting what you think you are. Any thoughts on that?