Pipes Getting Really Hot After Short Runs!~

first off let me tell ya what i did i have the stock carbs bored to a 30mm i have k&n clamp on filters with outer wares and i have procircuit pipes and silencers and its 20 over i have a 25 pilot in it and i have the stock needle in it air screw 3/4's out and i have 340 main jets in it but the pipes are still getting warm and it seems kinda doggy in the mid should i go up in the needle size and if so what number should i get. also does any one know how to get rid of the procircuit (HIT) its not normal and hard to control i want to broadin the hit out alittle bit you guys that own these pipes know exactly what i am talking about. any help would greatly be appreicated!~

andy!~

Phat racing :evil:

first off let me tell ya what i did i have the stock carbs bored to a 30mm i have k&n clamp on filters with outer wares and i have procircuit pipes and silencers and its 20 over i have a 25 pilot in it and i have the stock needle in it air screw 3/4's out and i have 340 main jets in it but the pipes are still getting warm and it seems kinda doggy in the mid should i go up in the needle size and if so what number should i get. also does any one know how to get rid of the procircuit (HIT) its not normal and hard to control i want to broadin the hit out alittle bit you guys that own these pipes know exactly what i am talking about. any help would greatly be appreicated!~

Your pipes will normally get way too hot to touch, I've burnt myself several times with shorts on. That is normal, doesn't mean anything is wrong, actualy if they weren't scalding hot, there would be something wrong.

As far as the way to get the "hit" out of the powerband, the best way I could figure is to get some different pipes, that's kind of the way they produce the power. They claim tha Pro Circuits are an all around, but they hit hard and high. Another way is to get a 2 into 1 carb kit, that will help bring the power down, but will fight against the pipes a little, a new set of Fatties would be cheaper than the carb kit and will be stronger due to the power the pipe is making where you want the power to be. ;)

With your present setup, raise your needle a clip and put in a 30 pilot and that will help the mid a little more.

Read this:

Over Heating, just wondering

At 3/4 scews out on the air screws, you should probably go up a size on the pilots, probably richen the needle 1 clip (4th clip position from the blunt end). Change the needle and add some aftermaket reeds and that may help soften the light switch effect of your pipes. 2 into 1 carb may help too. I think the pro circuts lack bottom end from what Ive heard, but have a big mid and good top, so it comes on hard. Also, my pipes felt mellower comming on the band after adding a cool head due to more torque down low. My pipes stay pretty cool most of the time but they all will get really hot after a serious hill climb even with correct jetting.

Looks like everyone covered this pretty welll......might want to get some reed spacers....I took mine off and noticed a harder transition....the spacers do smooth out the powerband hit a little....