Paint My Plastics

"thenewguy"

i dont have $200 for new plastics so i was thinking of painting them. is there any good paint that is cheap i could buy. do i have to sand the whole thing down with sand paper. is it worth it in the end or should i just put out the $200 or i think i saw some for 150? anyone done it. can you peal it off wwith your fingernale? thanks

i dont have $200 for new plastics so i was thinking of painting them. is there any good paint that is cheap i could buy. do i have to sand the whole thing down with sand paper. is it worth it in the end or should i just put out the $200 or i think i saw some for 150? anyone done it. can you peal it off wwith your fingernale? thanks

Here is a very sweet site that has a great detailed explanation on how to do it right.

Painting ATV Plastic

Hey i scuffed mine up with a scotch brite pad, then washed the whole thing down in laquer thinner.  Then i put about five coats of krylon fusion, wet sanded, 5 more coats, wet sanded and 2 more coats.  Came out great

thats exactly how I did mine, I also waxed mine with Miguires paste wax and it looks great!!!!

I sugguest Rustolem Primer, they have one that is super adhesiv thats what I used this weekend and the primered versions looked hot. As for paint I had to shoot, sand, reshoot, a couple of times and ran outa time so I have to finsh them next weekend here are some pics. (Links cause I'm in class so I can't downsize to fit on the board them)

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3Pic4

They are gonna be Yellow and Purple when I'm done B)