4mm Stroker Carb Sizes

fixitrod

I have a 4mm stroker. I was using 28mm flat slides because of $$$. That's what I had. The reason I went with the stroker is because the crank went so I figured what the hell.

My builder is Andy from http://www.grandriverracing.com. He suggested from the beginning that I run 35mm keihns pwk's. He also said that wouldn't loose any bottom end because of his porting. I got a set a while back and ran into some intake, boot size, air box location issues. Today I got it running on the 35mm.

Man, what a difference with the bigger carbs. I didn't loose a thing. I have more power through the entire range than before. I have a low jetting sputter, but that will be resolved when I get to Dumont. If any of you have small carbs on a stroker, get the bigger carbs. It's very well worth it. I put a 15 tooth on the front and I can not keep the front end down. I may need to go bigger. I think it will be okay with the 21" paddles I'm going to run.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you stroker people know that the bigger carbs are really really worth it. I was shocked.

cool banchetta. i would really like to throw a set of topend pipes on mine and see what happens. i wonder if the crank makes up for their lowend lose. also id like to test 30s vs 34s. i dont think my 30s are taper bored. i really wish i went with bigger carbs, but the more i think about it the 30s arent that small of a carb and maybe they will give more well rounded power vs a set of 34s.

yeah its hard to say what the stroker will make of topend pipes. i still think the ptrs will be better all around. i do think there will be a considerable gain on the top, but the ptrs lowend and midrange may outweigh the lose up top. i am pleased with the way mine runs with my ptrs but i have some curriosity as to how hirevs respond.

fixitrod, now you got me excited. i think i am going to attempt putting the 30s on again! i am having trouble with one overflowing. pretty sure im going to give it a shot though.

banchetta what do you predict your putting out hp? whats your porting like? did you ride it?

with the right setup i was told i would be doing 75+hp ( CPIs and 34s). i had passion racing do the porting. he added finger ports from the intake right into the transfers. i have been running on the stock carbs because i had trouble setting up the 30s. she still ran real well though, but i am real antsy to get some more bang from the 30s!

guys im running 4mm strocker with 35mm carb 15/41 and guess what you guys should try out

i have a set of cpi , thunder and dmc with the 4mm strocker the dmc is a killer you guys cant bleave the result we drag race 1/8 of mile and for such distance the big pipes dont work that well

and one more thing i have another set of carbs 28 flatside they suck when it comes to the 35 who knows i might get the 36

thats exactely what i needed to hear. but... i have pwk30s sitting here waiting to be put on  :angry:    why didnt i get 34s!!!!

Did you get the 30s off of ebay, that is where i got mine and i really like them now that im getting the jetting figured out, i dont have a stroker though you should get the carbs line out and see how you like it. i didnt loose hardly any bottom end after getting the porting and im running shearer inframes and can still ride trails.