Powdercoating? Pipes?

Some one here on the site just had their pipes ceramic coated, do a search or look around. As far as the powdercoating is concerned NO it will not work, the pipes get too hot, especially near the cylinders, thus causing the coating to burn off

Powder coating does work if you use the high temp powdercoat....I had the option of either 400 degrees w/ any color or 1200 degrees w/ black only.....I did mine w/ silver 400 degree and it peeled by the cylinders, but held up in the rest of the pipe....The 1200 degree would hold up w/ no problem...

Why wouldn't the 1200-1500 degree engine paint work??

What would anyone suggest to use on bare metal pipes?  I got bare metal because I could afford chrome, so what would you do to them so they don't start getting surface rust?

it doesnt work because it ends up getting chipped and flaked off. ive tried it a ton of times and had no luck at all. i definetely wouldnt use bare metal pipes. theyll get surface rust from just sittin in your garage. they need to be powdercoated or something to keep them from rusting.

I just had my pipes ceramic coated and that stuff looks pretty tough. There is a difference between ceramic coat and ceramic paint.

Ceramic coat is the heavy duty sh!t that NASA developed. It comes out gritty like sandpaper with a silverish-whiteish color. Its also a little bit more expensive.

Then there is ceramic paint, sometimes confused with ceramic coat. Its not quite as tough as ceramic coat but it looks nicer. You can also polish this stuff to make it almost look like chrome.

I looked into high temp powder coat specifically for exhaust pipes and there are a few colors available.

Does ceramic coating the exaust make any diffrence in power at all?

I have heard that ceramic coating pipes raise the interior temperature of the main chamber, thereby altering the expansion rate of spent gases for more horse power.

Any 1 know if this is true?

Cause I planned on getting chrome pipes, and coating them with something clear to protect the chrome, it would be great to get a slight power increase also.....