Not Running Right?

drake

Could be a few things. Did you change anything before this started happening?? When did this start? All at once or gradually came on?? Is your tors still connected? (little black box above the left exhaust) parking brake switch still connected??

What do you mean by big bore? is it a 404? Or is it just overbored .040" or something similar? Anyways, your jetting sounds a little lean, depending on elevation, and temp. Now, I had a problem exactly like you describe. It turns out that my primary coil wire, (the orange one) had come loose on the terminal. my bike started and ran fine, you got on it, and once it should be in the powerband, it would spit, sputter, backfire, and do all sorts of crazy shit. Also could be a cracked reed......

so are you saying it revs up then sputters and cuts out? and you also said that the p-brake is removed i had the same problem with mine i forgot to tie the 2 wires together at the clutch perch when removing the pbrake. that may be your problem if you havnt done that