Rev's Up And Dies

tats4life

Alright fella's i need some help. First time dealing with 28's and pt mids.

Motor has 155 psi cold kicking. Pilot is 50, main is 158 air screws 1 1/2 out from bottom, the needle is a N68A in middle clip (3rd). Stock port work, k&n no lid, ptr mids, pyramid reeds. I delima is i cranks revs wide open and dies. It's getting plenty of fuel, gonna leak down test it tomorrow at the shop but the motor was fine before i started screwing around with these pt mids. It ran with pro circuits with a jjh needle, 48 pilot and a 150 main, air screws were the same.

Give me some insit before i sell the damn bike!!!!!!!!

the reving wide open and dying is probably coming from the tors system on the bike. could be that your bike is to lean cuz the jet size u are running sounds really small to me or are u running bigger than stock carbs on this bike??? i would do a plug check and rejet it a lil richer and make sure it has plenty of gas in it and try it again and also check the carbs to make sure the slides are level and arent sticking

the reving wide open and dying is probably coming from the tors system on the bike.

Can't be the problem. 28mm carbs=no TORS. And the bike wouldn't rev up too much. Tats, do you have the slides in the correct way? I know on the stockers, they can be put in backwards. Don't know about 28's though. Just a thought. Is there a slide stuck? Have you cleaned the carbs thoroughly? is the pilot clogged? Air leak is also on my brainstorm. That would explain uncontrolled revving. When it revs, if you pop the choke, does it bog it out? Are you positive there is fuel in the bowl? If everythihgn is the same except the carbs and pipes, I am leaning towards the carbs. Did you change intakes? Or just stretch the stockers..... ?? Could have ripped one of the intake boots? Is the balance tube in place and tight if your on the stock intakes? They are cheap, and worth it to eliminate a possible faulty one. An air leak will destroy that thing quick. I don't know much on 28mm jetting specs..... But these are the things I would start out with....

have aftermarket intake, the boots between the carbs and air box r stretch but checked them. there is gas in the bowls i loosened the drain bolts still gas ran out. all the boots r good. the slides r in right they only go one way. the pilots and mains r brand new, and i check them out before i put them in. I'm just totally freakin confused!!!! I've never had a bike do this and not figure it out. my buddies had a torn boot.

Mains are too small...my shee did the same thing after my air box mod....Ran mint until I held wot for a couple of seconds, then it was like someone hit the kill switch....Kinda of confused me at first and the only thing I did was cut the air box lid...so I upped my mains 2 sizes and problem solved.....Also when I ran 34's, I had a 165 main, you might want to go up a few sizes anyways...My Pt's also needed a larger main compared to my PC pipes......

never use a biger carb on a stock port second you sound to lean

first of all check of you have a leak in the intake second check your crank seal and you gaskets and one more thing the bigger the boost is the bigger jets that you would need btw with the jet skys but its not called boost its called equlaizer could you imagine since we installed it we changed the jets from 150 to 240 plus if you keep on running it the way it is you pistons will get stock from the front side next to the pipe port

never use a biger carb on a stock port second you sound to lean

first of all check of you have a leak in the intake second check your crank seal and you gaskets and one more thing the bigger the boost is the bigger jets that you would need btw with the jet skys but its not called boost its called equlaizer could you imagine since we installed it we changed the jets from 150 to 240 plus if you keep on running it the way it is you pistons will get stock from the front side next to the pipe port

What????? I cannot decipher through some of your nonsense.... now, on your boost bottle thing. It is called a boost bottle. That may not be what it does, but that is what it is marketed as, and what it is called. From the factory, the shee comes with an equalizer tube. This I believe is what you are referring to.... And after installing your equalizer tube you jumped your jetting that much? WOW. You have the pleasure of being the first to have to do that..... How nice....