Powder Coating

hops

I'm looking for some info on Powder coating, and searches on BHQ and the web provided little to no answers.

The biggest question I have is: Can the "silver vein" be used with colors other than "grey" or "black"?

I think a meduim/dark red, with the silver vein look would be great. Color, yet a "texture" to help hide scratches and such. I couldn't find it on any of the color charts I found on the web.

Also, who are some experienced shops to deal with the Portland OR greater metro area?

I just need to be pointed in the right direction, as usual.

Thanks

Thanks for tryin to help. I'm suprised I can't find too much useful info on the web about powder coating.

I did see the "red vein". Isn't it used with gray or black also? Where the red just takes the place of the silver. Basically askin for a red base with silver accent, for lack of better terminology. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm lost cause I don't know how the "vein" works. Is it a 1 step/1product, 1 step/2product, or 2 step/2product application? Can someone explain that part for me?

actually a vein color is easly made, first you must under stand how powdercoat works. its NOT like paint. think of tiny tiny tiny particles as small as a needles head. now this is the powder, all these tiny particles. now when you mix to colors, they WILL NOT blend, but they will cause a vein effect. im not saying this is the exact way the vein colors are made, but if i was to mix red and black and spray it and bake it all at once, it would give you a sort of vein effect. Now i have only really came up with on cool color by mixing them, actually a buddy of mine did it, he was doing some parts in chrome smoke, when he got done he emptied what was left of the chrome smoke into the gloss black by accident, came out with a really cool color though, i call it woodys black. but any way if you would like me to go more in depth let me know, or PM me, i can give you a kindof understanding how the powder actually works. i dont have time to write everything here.