Paint

gbf4ever

Hey i would love to be able to powdercoat but i cant afford it rigth now so what would br the correct way to paint my frame so it will stay good as long as possible.  Let me know

gbf4ever:

How much do you think its going to cost you for powdercoating? Do you have all the necessary tools to paint the frame the "correct" way? Do you know whats involved in painting the frame? I could set you up w/ materials if I know what color you want to do. I've painted my frame in the past and when done right it will hold up good. just not as good as powdercoat

Hey i would love to be able to powdercoat but i cant afford it rigth now so what would br the correct way to paint my frame so it will stay good as long as possible.  Let me know

gbf4ever:

How much do you think its going to cost you for powdercoating? Do you have all the necessary tools to paint the frame the "correct" way? Do you know whats involved in painting the frame? I could set you up w/ materials if I know what color you want to do. I've painted my frame in the past and when done right it will hold up good. just not as good as powdercoat

Honestly the shitty factory paint holds up kinda good, but like B370 says, you got some prepping to do if you are going to paint it and have it look decent. Just sand blasting it wouldn't be enough. IMHO I think powder coat is waaaaay easier than paint, and is well worth it.

Around here, I can get my powder baked off my frame, and repowdered for around $135 (new place I found :D ). With just a painted frame that would get sand blasted then powdered is around $100. I bet you could spend well more than that for a decent paint "system".

well everythings already stripped down for a rebuild.....theres no place around here i know of that powder coats frames.....so i would have to ship it.....does anyone know a place in maine that powdercoats or a cheap way to ship a frame let me know

Cb71rs or what ever his sn is (sorry I can't remember it exactly right now) I think he powders frames, and he's in New Jersey.