Transmission Oil

badbonz

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whats best but I know golden spectro 85 weight is like water compaired to Gear saver 85 weight.. Godo or bad thats that I learned.

I used golden spectro for 5 years and my tranny looked good when i pulled it apart, but my clutch has not slipped yet from the gear saver, I would start mis-shifting after about 3 trips 3-4 trips more easily on golden spectro, but I have only ridden one on the gear saver....Also I think my clutch is one of the next thigns I will have to replace on my ATV, especialy if I get cheata cubs :cheers:

If someone thinks synthetic is to blame for a slipping clutch I say they're FOS. I've used synthetic in my bikes and quads for the last 17yrs. Never a hint of a problem. I've used Mobil 1 15-50 in both my cbr929 for 5 yrs and my banshee for 6yrs and they both get plenty of drag time.

The only anti-friction additive that I know of that will make a clutch slip is moly. Some oil manufacturers add this to their oil. You can check for additives from the oil company's product data sheets to avoid this. As far as Mobil making honda oil, I thought it was Castrol. :shrugani: Though some oil company's can move in and provide a better deal as well as a better product so it's possible. Yes all these motorcycle branded oils are made by your big conglomerate oil company's which these motorcycle manufactureres place their label on it and charge you double the price. Generally the only thing that is different between them is the viscosity ratings.