Best Low-mid Pipes

I have narrowed it down to fatties, gnarlies, motofast or dynoport 2 into 1. I want the most low and mid range I can get with my setup. If I had the $$ I would get PT mids, but nobodies selling them used. I have heard the 2 into 1 pipes take a long time to build up rpm's in 6th? Because if that I am leaning towards gnarlies. Any suggestions?

My buddy has a dynoport 2:1 pipe on his and the top end does suffer. I just got some PTR mids..they are pricey. My second choice would have been the FMF SST's.

Best thing to do is search around and read people's responses. This site has been extremely helpful.

Arent the SST's more of a High rev top end pipe? I thought the gnarlies where the bottom end pipes?

The SSTs are kind of an all-around pipe. They boost the low end some, the mids quite a bit and the top end some. The Gnarlies are supposed to boost the low end, but hardly any top end. If you go FMF and don't want to foot the bill on the SSTs, get some Fatties, those are good strong mid pipes that work through the top.

The PTRs produce the most mid power out off all the twin pipe setups, and are probably the best choice.

I have a set of Gnarlies and they do have great low to mid. Alot more top end than stock too, but what pipe doesn't. They rev out in 6th for me and I'm 240 lb, but they don't pull hard on top like a high rev. They rip realy well up through 4th. You use a lot less clutch if any to his the band in 1st - 3rd and don't have to shift down as much. The Fatties are supposed to have a little more mid and top than the Gnarlies. The SST's have more emphasis on mid a top end but still have decent bottom, not as top end specific as say Toomeys. I would guess the Fatty would be about comparable as far as power delivery to the PTR mid but cost less.

Ptr's are the best, the sst's are awesome to, but also pricey.....I'd go w/ the gnarlies if you want the absolute most bottom end.. the top end will still be way better than stock...Get the gnarlies, another great pipe for good bottom end and great top end is Bill's pipes...they say they are top end, but the one that I rode had great bottom end and pulled nice on top....A really great midrange pipe for the price....just an idea for ya if price is a concern...

• 2 weeks later...