Fouling Plugs

Well, I do need some serious help. I had problems fouling plugs. Got tired of tunning the CARBS so I bought the Trinty Racing 2 onto 1 carb kit. Ran it last weeend,ran GREAT but near the end of the trip I still FOULD a plug( LEFT SIDE) It seems to be the LEFT plug all the time. I did a compression test and both are the same. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?? i NEED HELP.

i had the same problem with the left side too wat are you gaping your plugs to and what kinda plugs are you useing and have you looked at your reeds mine were not shuting all the way and i put some new ones in and it seems to have sloved that problem and i gap my plugs to 40 and use br8es or b8es

There is another guy here who was having similar problems, fouling and smoking on only one side. His problem were the reeds. Are you sure the reeds are fine, you said they're new, but could they have been damaged, or not installed properly?

I run msd ignition on mine...mine r gapped at 32 to 36 due for the msd..

I think stock should be around 40..

I was having trouble w/mine smoking...

Do plug check and rejet ...

when U figure it out watch out for the bottom end! :D

Make sure you are using a good plug. I would only use NGK . If your using a cheap plug like autolite or what ever the parts store can cross referrence your likely to have problems. NGk are specificly designed to run in rice burners. By the way what color smoke is coming out. You could possibly have a head gasket leak making one side smoke more. You should be able to smell the difference when its running (might smell like coolant).

One thing that my tech has mentioned before, is that he believes the left side can run more rich in some circumstances, don't know why. He has 36mm carbs and runs a 430 in the right and a 420 in the left. I don't know how this sounds, but if all else fails and everything is perfect and it still just seems rich or fouls, adjust the mains specifically to the cylinders.

• 3 weeks later...
:D Well thanks for a;l the info and great help. I tried it all and found out some moran had the left side bored .10 more. I am rebuilding it now. Boreing 60 over, cool head and a Vito hot kit. I am also replacing the clutch and checking all the bearings. ONE LAST THING?? WHERE IN THE HELL CAN I FIND NEW EXHAUST SEALS FOR PAUL TURNER PIPES??????