Keihin Carbs

i have to agree with sredish with all of the stuff on your banshee you could prolly use some bigger carbs. i bought my carbs for 350 and if the ones you are talking about were never used you could easly get 250 or 300. the other most common size for a banshee is 34-35mm. i have yet to see a 30mm. who makes those?

You can find 30's and 32's. With his setup, it won't matter too much. Unless your dragging or mainly sand, I'd try to stay away from a 35mm or maybe 34mm, because its going to really push your top end. 30mm might be a little on the small side, if you get a 32mm you'll be set up. A lot of people run a 34mm and it works great, so that may be a good route for you. This is mainly an oppinionated type of topic. Everybody does things a little different based on their needs and tastes.

Good luck, and I'm sure you can't go wrong with a 30 or even a 34.

My wife's bike has the fmf's with 28mm Kehins and head work, kind of close to your set up. Bike has very usable power band with real good low end. If your thinking of going up to a bigger carb keep in mind some other added cost to set them up. You might have to get new intakes, throttle cable?,new filters,jets,and possibly shop time at 45.00 per hour to get them set up right. The carbs may sound like cheap hp gain but after all is said and done it can double what you payed for the carbs. I have stock carbs right now and I am planning on taking them to a machine shop and have them bore them out to 28mm for about 80.00 or less. You'll get the same effect as the Kehins, you won't have to buy any other set up shit and you'll save alot of money to put somewhere else on the shee. Just my 2cents.

;)

• 3 weeks later...