Does It Habe To Be Noticabe Lean

i just rejetted my shee richer and i went to ride it and it was bogging below 1/2 throttle well my freind riched the needle and now it seems great it has power, but what if im a lil lean and i gonna melt a cylander im scared to wang it out and what that banshee fun, im onna go to a plug cheak now and see, maybe i well take a pic of then and put em here, someone tell me how to add pics please. i think im alil to worried about it, myt freinds want me to come riding on the roaad tom cause of snow but im thinking what if i blow up my shee, i gotta stop being a pussy

i do not know if my quad is lean or not, i am worried that it is and it is gonna blow my engine, it was realllly lean before but i rejetted the mains two sizes up, after i was dont rejetting it and i tried to start it it was bogging from 1/2 throttle and downa, and someone told me it was way lean, so he moved the needle a clip richer and it helped a shit load, and now it seems like its runiing great, but i dont know how one clip poition could make that much of a diffrence here are my mods and jetting.....dynoport pipe, uni foam airfilter stock airbox, booste bootle, 240 mains, 25 pilots airscrews 1/2 turn out, stock needle postion i think thats 3, here are pics of my plugs to, i cant get the pics to work, just im krh4312 on aim and i well send u the pics that way someone please help

i just rejetted my shee richer and i went to ride it and it was bogging below 1/2 throttle well my freind riched the needle and now it seems great it has power, but what if im a lil lean and i gonna melt a cylander im scared to wang it out and what that banshee fun, im onna go to a plug cheak now and see, maybe i well take a pic of then and put em here, someone tell me how to add pics please. i think im alil to worried about it, myt freinds want me to come riding on the roaad tom cause of snow but im thinking what if i blow up my shee, i gotta stop being a pussy

Holy shit. I'll see what I can do here. Try and break it down a little, so to speak. ;)

I had been thinking that my Yamaha banshee was a little lean on the jetting, so I decided to richen it up a bit to alleviate the problem. I rode it after the alleged rejetting, and the yamaha banshee seemed to bog a little below half throttle. So, my friend, (Who claims to be a factory trained Cow a sucky Yamahush Banshee technician) decided that I should richen my jet needle to richen the midrange a tad. It seems to run great, and has power. But, I still think I may be lean. I do not know how this could be, even though I "richened" the needle (did you raise it or lower it???) and "richened" the main jet. I think that I may melt a piston down. (It would be very hard to melt the cylinder itself) and I am scared to really rev, (or wang ;) Whatever the hell that means :lol: ) the bike through the upper RPM range. And the Banshee is fun, so I should do a plug check. {I can't really decipher that one} I will see what the plug check tells me, although I have no idea how to read a plug, so I will post a shitty picture on here, once I figure out how to post pics, so someone can tell me WTF is going on here. If someone could tell me how to add pics, that would be greatly appreciated. I see the "images" forum, but that surely can't be for pictures. It must be for posting ridiculously hard to read threads. Kind of like mine. I am a little worried about this. My friends want me to go illegally ride roads tomorrow, however, I don't want to blow my Yamaha banshee up because if I get caught illegally riding on the road, my parents wil be very angry with me. :angry: I will probably get put into jail. A 5th grader shouldn't be able to be put in prison, but I am 18 you know.... :unsure: I guess I should stop being a pussy. :blink:

Now, you tried to clear it up with this nonsense:

i do not know if my quad is lean or not, i am worried that it is and it is gonna blow my engine, it was realllly lean before but i rejetted the mains two sizes up, after i was dont rejetting it and i tried to start it it was bogging from 1/2 throttle and downa, and someone told me it was way lean, so he moved the needle a clip richer and it helped a shit load, and now it seems like its runiing great, but i dont know how one clip poition could make that much of a diffrence here are my mods and jetting.....dynoport pipe, uni foam airfilter stock airbox, booste bootle, 240 mains, 25 pilots airscrews 1/2 turn out, stock needle postion i think thats 3, here are pics of my plugs to, i cant get the pics to work, just im krh4312 on aim and i well send u the pics that way someone please help

Here we go again.

I don't know if my engine is running lean or not, because I still have not checked out the Jetting FAQ page to tell me al about jetting. I am scared that I may blow my engine still. I rejetted the main jet 2 sizes richer. When I test rode the bike, my cow a sucky mechanic told me to put the jet needle 1 clip richer. (move the clip down) This helped ALOT. I don't know how this is. It was bogging below 1/2 throttle, and this fixed the problem, so that can't be right. It must be something else. I was thinking along the lines of my handlebars being in the wrong uncomfortable position? :rolleyes: Here are my mods, and I won't post elevation because that is highly insignificant to jetting. Dynoport pipe, (I asume 2 into 1), Uni foam air filter, Stock airbox, (although we don't know whether the lid is on or off) Stock needle position, although I don't remember, but stock sounds good to me, 240 mains, 25 pilots, airscrew adjustment 1/2 turn out, Here are some pics of the plugs, although you won't be able to see them because I can't post pics. maybe someone could just IM me on AOL Instant Messenger at krh4312. I can direct connect with you and send you the pics that way. Someone please help me.

Now, what is the elevation and air temperature that you are going to be riding in? There is a period button on the keyboard. www.websters.com is a site for a dictionary. Or, type your post in Microsoft Word, or an equivalent word processing program and use the spell checker. Then cut and paste it over here. Learn the correct sections on this site, and we will help you get your banshee running good. Provided you listen, and actually try some of the things that people may suggest. Not just say, well, "that won't work". "What should I do?" :unsure:

:lol::lol::lol: you guys are too much......

Hey sweetie, you might want to raise the needles another position..you might be able to get more gains...like you've seen, the needles make huge gains and you might have some more to gain....It'll either like it or hate it, but you won't know unless you try it.....all that performance is worth the ten minutes of changing the needles... As far as the mains go , run the shee wide open for 5-10 seconds in 6th gear, shut it down, pull over, and pull the plugs, black is rich, brown is perfect, tan or white is lean.....