Neons

got1banshee

don't worry about neons, my new lighting kit with 2 small 3 watt LED's puts them to shame...have some faith, I have run into small problem, but not with the underlighting, just the taillight. Just waiting for the store to get some engine ice in stock so I can light them up and show ya...Neons are shit to me now, too big, break to easy and suck up way too much juice. + these LED's 2 are just as bright if not brighter than 2 large neons and have a much richer more true color. They are about 30 lumens each (3 watts is an insaine amount of power for an LED). They also have a 20,000 hour life expectancy for the 3 watters. Colors other than blue put out up to 80 lumens each, I have yet to play with anything other than blue, the blues are very very bright at around 30 lumens they light up my garadge.

Anyways a pic says a thousand words I suppose. So just wait another week or so and ill have my prototype done. You won't be wanting neons I gaurantee it!

yes I have, I may do that in the future, I have run into some problems using red LED's it appears the Heatsinks also need to be isolated, the light on ebay looks pretty cool but the LED's are so bright you can't see the housing anyways :)

The one I have now uses optics that would not fit the LED's but a flood would probably work fine for a taillight also. so it could be done :)

Maybe after I get a working model together ill try it.

yea, well the main problem right now is just time...

Im supposed to go out this weekend to the desert, but it is not looking good at all. I have the coolant leak in the head fixed, but now there is a strange sound coming from somewhere in the engine case...I think it could possibly be a blown seal...Im afraid to go, but SDD is going to take a listen or look for me tonight so hopefully ill get to the bottem of this too..I have all the ideas in place to solve the issues with the Heatsinks for the LEDs needing to be isolated, jsut need to find time to build a new circuit and add the insulation between the frame.

All in good time I suppose...