Fmf Sst Pipe System

sickestshee

• 2 weeks later...

i have the sst's and i dont think a shorty silencer will bolt up to it, the sst's have sst silencers only. even though most have said the sst's were designed for a stock motor you can still run them on a ported motor. i have a mx/trail port with the sst's and they seemed to help side by side with the motor alot. just dont go with some big ass port job and youll be fine. i only rode a stock shee with sst's on it along time ago and it felt pretty damn good to me for just having pipes on it. it kinda opened it up through out the rpm range, unlike the fattys that made if feel weak on the bottom and fast as hell in the mid going into the top, like led said above, do a search, there was tons of info on sst's. later

anyone can make a shorty silencer. all you have to do is cut the silencer where ever you want and put it back together. i bought a pro circuit pipe and silencer forthe cr500 banshee. the silencer itself was way too long for how i had it all set up. i just simply cut it and redrilled the holes where the stinger screws on. works great. of course if you do this you may have a mounting bracket problem. make sure you work this out if you ever do anything like this.

• 6 years later...

the sst's are a "wideband" pipe, which means that it is designed to come on early, and carry real far, but sacrifices a little bit of peak hp, as you get from a narrow band pipe that is held to a certqain rpm, like low-mid, or mid-top. i have had both wide and narrow pipes, and i can tell you that most places, othere than a strai out pull, you can do 2x as much. they are comparable to the t-6 pipe, with a little higher rpm, and alot more flow, which means mod and porting freindly. as for cutting down the sst silencers, i'm not sure if it will make a big difference on that pipe or not, performance wise, but you can cut from the tailside of the silencers, and it will not move the mount, so there is no issue......actually we got to talkin about it so much there has been a thread or 2 months ago just on cutting the fmf silencers, lol. oh, yah, you can drill the rivets out and do the same on the pro-circuit silencers, as well. just in case anyone was wondering.