Anyone Thinking About A Good Dragster

raxen

Has anyone ever rode an older suzuki bike called a RG500 Gamma? I just test drove one yesterday at a used motorcycle place along the interstate and damn. A 2-stroke superbike. The thing takes off and goes. It is a small four cylinder that by dimension would make a great fit for anyone that wants to convert the stock shee into a nice dragster. They are cheap and make about 110-118 HP without much fanagling. They are also cheap in the salvage yards from what I heard yesterday calling around.

Check it out, the engine dimensions make it an ideal conversion. I am thinking of going that route.

I have never ridden the 2-stroke superbikes just 4's. They were long before my time but I am hoping to pick up a Gamma engine this Saturday from a salavager who is parting it out from his personal collection (aka he owes me money). I have an extra banshee frame for my trailrider that is down. I figure it should fit in there pretty nice.

Would make an interesting ride. McDizzy stuffed an RZ 500 motor in what I think was a Quadzilla. I guess the only real way to have pipes on one would have to be out of frames. Looks like a much cheaper but more complex way to make the HP of the big Cheetahs.

broke

Running shees or frames to build crazy stuff during the winter?

I have been collecting banshee frames since 1997. Every time I see one cheap enough somewhere, I pick it up. You never know when you are going to need one. Right now the count is 7. 5 a-arm styles, 2 j-unk style but still something to litter the landscape.

I also collect banshee engines, bike engines, and frames. I have got another hayabusa in the works for this spring along with this hayabushee that is on the verge of fuckit and 10th street.

lian, not really sure about the cost on a good bike. I am fortunate enough to find a salvagable one on the internet via salvage parts request through some yards.

It depends on what engine you wished to go with. You can pick up a ZX or gixxer engine for 800-1600 depending on area. Then plan to spend another 400-600 for the ecu, harness, and sensors. You could go the other route and convert to carbs for the same price. For carb conversions you would need to buy a DYNA series ignition with a DYNA crank trigger.

Let me know when you take the plunge. I can come up with a list of a few good people to do business with for engines and parts.

Let me recommend a 750 cc or below to you for a stock banshee frame. There is alot of cutting and welding involved with making 1300+ cc's fit into the shee frame safely. A GSXR 750 engine will fit very snug with a small amount of influence to the frame.