What will win in a drag??

What will win in a drag??  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i said my peaco on the subject....i hope the camaros come back out ....i mean shit all 3 of thse cars were the original street race cars nyway......by all mean no harm done here......shit out of all the cars we been talking about i wan t a65 gto or a 69 gto anyway....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes night rider that was it, grand sport. It was really fast, had a 700 r4 overdrive... somethin like a 550 ci, suspension setup just right, and it still pulled wheelie's off of the line, i'm not sure what his rearend gear was. It was fast though. He also had a pro street s10... Wish i would have got some pictures now. I was really there to watch the 67 camaro i helped build (383 stroker, 580 hp, 4:11 gear, th350 street legal) ran alright put down some 12.40's and the other one was a 69 camaro (bored and stroke 427 to 440, 640 lift cam i think, 4:11 rearend, t10 4 speed, street legal, and a fast mother F-er) it put down low 11's and had a slipping clutch, and needed a new chip for the msd box... it's a 10 second car. Now i'm working on a 1986 monte carlo ss, just got all the frame painted and all the front end components back together, it's getting a frame-up Resto. Gonna be a show/drag car with a 383 and a fogger system, When i get some pictures i'll post them it's gonna look really good... By the way lol i'm 15 years old! I dunno when i first got into cars, but i like fell into em', it's a passion now lol. I'm lookin for a 67 or 68 camaro anyone have 1 up for sale? Or know anyone? Cya

JP

Quick,I know a 5.0L can run 10s on just a motor,but I have yet to see a 4.6 sohc do it.All of the 10 sec 4.6 sohc are running power adders.I'm not talkin the 4 cammers here either,I'm talkin about those 2 cammers.

If you went faster than 8.60's at 155mph than you got me,We run a Super Gas full chassis T-Bird 460ci backed by an airshifted Lenco.Normally we run in the 9 index,but we've gone fast as 8.60,test&tune.Money issues have kept us off the track this year.(New motor).

Those fuckin guys are nuts!10.5 tires and stock chassis.All I can say is DANGEROUS.I believe thats how Racin Jason died.

What are you running now Quick?

You guys got me on 1/4 mile, but what about top speed. I have ridden a turbo zx11 somewhere in the neighborhood of 190. I looked down, but my vision was somewhat distorted. (Wind coming in helmet) I didn't take my eyes off the road for more than 1 second. I was fukin scared.

Our current cars are a chassis car corvette with a 572 merlin big block with dart heads and tunnel ram...built by Mike Casey. Uses a Trans Specialites Powerglide.

Last weekend i went 7.67 at 180.

Our mustang is bascially a SSO setup with 10.5 inch tires..backed by a 460 with a turbo 400. I went 9.11 at 153mph in it today.

The guys in the Pure Street class arent spending big money. They are vary limited on the parts they can use. All intakes, heads, etc must be approved by the NMRA for use in that class. They can only tweak so much too. All parts used must be in mass production for the general public.

It all comes down to TUNING and Chassis setup.

It's the same for the camaro. Most 10 second ones require power adders. It's simple...you need big cubic inches or a power adder to get a 3000+ lbs car down the track.

There is a reason why Mustangs are the most popular car to drag race. They work...the cars and the motors.

Oops, didn't see that Bologna. Hey Nightrider, I know with you being a mustang man, you must have seen this article. It was in one of the mustang mags about 2-3 years ago. They took a bone stock 5.0 and added a turbo from a peterbuilt truck, granted they fabricated some of their own mounting brackets and whatnot, but that car was running 10.5, mostly stock!! That was a sweet article, did you ever see it?

Glock,I remeber reading about some Turbo project waayyy back,not sure which magazine.I have 3 years of MM&FF back issues and 4 years of Super Ford.Or Super Ford/5.0L magazine.If you can remember which Mag ,I'll look for the article.There in labelled boxes(sigh)

Some of those turbos they run look like they belong on a train engine,but remember you must have a balance between boost and volume(or Cfm).

With the rising costs of these elaborate turbo setups,you really need to know what your doing to get the most out of them.They are definitely not for beginners.

I personally would rather have 600 cu in. of motor than any turbo or supercharger.