What will win in a drag??

What will win in a drag??  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4.6 Mustang will loose it ass to a SS Camaro, period end of story! The 4.6 Mustangs are junk, junk, junk...the worst thing Ford ever did for the Mustang was stop producing them with the 5.0. The older Camaro's with the 305's and 350's were ok, but geared like crap. If I had my choice it would be a SS...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ford acutally made a better decision with the 4.6L engine as it produces much more torgue and more HP that the 302....the only, but hey to easch it own ...we are all entitle to theri own opinion right?? Now that accord sutff is pretyy sad ...i cant believe that dude lost to and v6 accord...heheh doies he know how to drive??? or is this one of thoses thing where you going to say hey lost driving backwards in mud like that one quad post about losing to a polaris in the rides of shame thread ??

Tell me exactly how a 4.6 liter motor and a 5.0 are the same? Granted the are close in size....but not exactly the same, DUH! I preffer the 5.0 that is simply my own opinion, which we all are entitled to our own. I am not going to get into a pissing match with you boy, so dont even bother trying....

Let me ask you a question Mr. Mustang expert.Why is the 5.0L still the most popular engine used in Mustang bracket racing?

Also any TRUE Mustang enthusiest would know the 5.0L made better torque than any 4.6 Sohc engine.

Why are all of these so-called 4.6 10 sec freaks running huge blowers or nitrous.

Answer:They simply can't do it with just the motor.

I'm sorry if you got stuck with one of these junkers,but don't bullshit me,I was racing a 5.0 mustang when you were playing kickball at recess.

Ford went the wrong way with the 4.6,you don't go down in cubic inchs and if you do you replace it with extra cylinders.The OHC was a nice addition,but Chevy did it in 1989 with the 350 dohc 32v ZR1.(405h.p)in its first year.Why couldn't Ford?

Now to top it off Ford is going to up the Ante next year with a 5.0L sohc.There increasing the displacement on the junky 4.6 to make it a 5.0

What a shame,They'll probably even put the 5.0l badges back on it.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you Jonnypoo,I'm just telling you that I have been racing Fords all my life and I know more about them than

anything else.A mustang used to be the"Poor Mans"sportscar.Lots a power,no frills and a cheap price.Now its gone the way of the luxury sport.It costs an arm and a leg,weighs too much from all the gadgets and can barely beat the imports.Sorry for all the ranting,but this Ford shit has got me pissed.

Hey nightrider, my friends name is chris nightser, he is in omaha NE. He raced at Bowling reen in some street/strip race and some place in illinois also. He had to go on a street drive for a few miles before the race. He had a canary yellow mustang. He was turning 9.60 on motor and bottle. It was a 460 though. He had a powerglide hooked to it, it was bad. He was still running the 8.8 rear end (if you believe that) I think he had a spool or something in it, he also had the clip eliminator. That thing was bad, but he sold it for 10 grand. He lost his ass on that.

well racing ford all your life is great for you guy....but who the fuck ever said anything about a stock one running 10 seconds??? it sure as hell wasnt me....go back and read....and thats funny hehehe the reason ford didnt do it is becsaue they didnt need too with little add ons that cost less than chevy. ..i mean seriously for 23k you cant beat it for a stock gt than paying 33k for a stock camaro Z or more for and ss??? thats funny and isnt it tru that chevy and pontiac arent making them anymore??? i cant wait to see what the new GTO will be like though...and yeah tey are trying to make luxury cars outta them , but only imprts i know of that stand a chance were supra's (wayyyy fast) i havnt heard of too many others that could but i stopped racing caus ei hurt my back and broke my pelvis in 3 spots due to a drunk mother fucker in a honda prelude going 100 mph and smacking the side of my car......so now i do the even more srtennuos thing of riding quads which i am not very good at , but i enjoy it very much...

Glock,

About your buddy runnin 9.60's on motor and the bottle... This guy, that builds transmissions for us, has a buick, runs high 8's on motor alone... It was buicks verion of the chevelle, forget the name.

About this whole thing about people beating people in an accord. it all really depends on the driver. The guy in the mustang shoulda been like "What's a clutch" if he got beat by a stock accord. That would suck. I dont know much about the new or old fords, i know i like the old old fastbacks, and i love the new ss camaros, and the 60's ss camaros. But i have to say that the new corvettes are totally bad ass i rode in one the other day and absolutely loved it. Has intake, some exhaust, Trans stuff. Ran well... I have always been a die hard chevy fan and always will be. I just dont think a new mustang can run with the new camaros. I've seen em' all run. Personally i feel if your going to drag race, build your own shit... dont go out there slap a bottle system on ur car and say u can race. Put time into it. This is how i feel.

JP

Glock,I believe it about those 8.8's.They are very strong differentrials,comparable to chevys 12 bolt.Sounds like your buddy is racing a True street type class.They have to complete a street drive to be eligible to race.I have seen many mustangs breakdown during these drives,usually from overheating.

JP-15 those buicks were called Gran sports or GSX,The 500 ft lb club guys.Those old buicks made a ton of torque.

Jonnypoo,you need to re read my post.where I stated:" 4.6L 10 second freaks running blowers or nitrous"Where did I say stock 4.6 mustangs were running 10's?And the Camaro will return in 2004,spring of 2005 the latest.