What will win in a drag??

What will win in a drag??  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any 85-93 5.0L Mustang with a 5- speed will beat any 85-92 Camaro.I used to race a 88' Mustang and the best I've seen a stock I-ROC or Z28 muster was a 15.0.They make good power but are geared terribly.Especially the autos.I am a diehard Ford fan till the day I die,BUT ...There is no fucking way a 1999 mustang 4.6 SOHC with or without flowmasters will beat the Newer SS Camaro's.Johnnypoo is talking some serious bullshit.Look at a back issue of MMFF and you'll see the Cobra 4.6 DOHC had serious problems draggin the SS.The SOHC 4.6's are the shittiest motors ford has ever put into a mustang.Reminds me of the old 351M/400.Don't get me wrong,I love Fords,but even I will admit they fucked up when they designed that eyesore.

Johnnypoo keep talkin bullshit,I'll see you at Fun Ford weekend next year.I always hit the shows in Indiana.Put up or shut up.

I gotta agree that the 4.6 is junk. I've owned 5 mustangs, 1 Z-28,and 1 Corvette. I like anything that is fast. I've have been there and done that with mustangs from years 88' to 95'. My vette was an 87' and my Z was a 94'. I just sold my 91' LX coupe. It had a 426W stroker, Trick Flow R-series heads, Victor 5.8, 90mm throttle body, 42lb. injectors, Pro-M 83mm mass air meter, Tremec 5 speed, and cold ac. Didn't get a chance to bring it to the track(no safety equipment) but it did dyno 583hp at the rear tires and got around 15mpg with the fuel regulator pinched back. Not bad for a car that could have easily been daily driven.

I'm playing around now with my buddy's 99' vette. So far we've put headers and full exhaust, race ported the stock LS-1 heads and intake, computer reprogrammed for a blower, Strange axle shafts, Vortec supercharger making 11psi, rebuilt the automatic and went with a 2800 converter. We got kicked off the track after the first pass at 11.21 @ 128 with a shitty 1.71 60ft. This is a 10sec car all day long with better traction. This car is driven daily, gets 21mpg, passes emissions, and has stock gears. I think I want a new vette. Way to much fun!!!!!

Johnnypoo or any other mustang fan. I hate to say this and I know im gonna get bashed for this, but oh well. I saw (with my own eyes) a Honda Accord beat a 01 Mustang GT in a street drag. The Mustang had flowmasters on it and the Accord was stock. The guy in the Accord is my sisters fiancee. and the guy in the GT is my cousins next door neighbor. Personaly I hate ricers and I wanted the guy in the mustang to kick his ass but when I saw him lose to a V6 Honda I was pissed. Not even my sisters fiancee thought he was gonna win! I have never really liked Fords and after what I saw that day I highly doubt a mustang could beat a SS comaro if it cant even beat a stock accord. Beleive it or not IT HAPPENED!!!!

does it really matter? everyone and their mom has a mustang. i mean, at my college one parking lot that holds about 30 cars, 6 of them are mustangs. i wouldnt want one. at least not the new kind. i'd take an 89. did i mention how the newer ones have no room at all and the inside is made of a cheap plastic?

ok ok ok hold on a second here i anitn trying to start shit i am just saying that is how it happened.......that is how it is and thats how it will be ....dont dont forget night rider i now longer have the Musatng anymore ....couldnt put banshee in the truck ......read the whole thread b4 you get pissed off ....i mean jesus thats how it happened i aint gonna lie about it and i have been to many many races and yeah i seen plenty of mustangs get beat.....ok look in the car magazines and look at the times.....them guys are doing dailry drive drag testing they are doing balls to the wall driving in those cars.......gonna have to trust me on this one...no bullshit here just stating my point.....i used t leve chevy and pontiac (still like pontiac) but will not go back from what i have experienced.....LIKE I SAID NOT TRYING TO START SHIT JUST STATING FACTS ....cmon up to indiana you will see me there sitting in grandstands as i no longer have my mustang......but shit i may have to buy another one now to prove it.....

yeah and they do have alot of cheap plasstic in it as welll hehe.....but also like i said i may have gotten a fast bitch from the factory ...it happens like that sometimes.......13.9 is a resepctable number for being stock....dont foget weather track conditions and all the at other shit do make a huge differece......and ya know what ......come to the south bend area and gety a SS from a dealership and i will have a GT from a dealership ....brand new ones stock .....and we will run them .......shit got a nice flat road to do so and it is already marked off.....oh yeah i forgot to mention my GT was a stick ......man i wish i woudl have kept that car now.....i shoulda kept my mouth shut for not having it anymore.....i got some pics though ....and probably some time slips some where...oh welll......like i said not to start shit , but thats how it happened .....i didnt even believe it when it happened hehe...oh well arguing is kinda fun hehehe.....