Bent Rim!

depends on how bad its bent, if its bent enough to make a crease in the metal bending it back might crack it. figure its screwed anyway so beat the hell out of it ! you might get lucky.

i beat the hell out of my ft stocker, and it's still not quite right. a new stock rim is a ripoff, so i was thinking of getting a set of itp's or something. anything requiring repair is a good excuse for upgrades. what kind would anyone suggest?

what kind of riding ? i always find when i get expensive rims (bead locks or similar) i destroy them. ive had my basic douglas 190's for a year now with no problems and if i smash it, who cares !!! oh btw i ride it in the desert and some mx tracks and they hold up fine. later

well guys I actually didn't bend it , a friend of mine picked another friend up on it and shede came back with a bend in the rim and my axle's a little more bent than it was b4. i asked and he said the only thing he can think of is when they crossed some railroad tracks. so i'm not sure. i'll ask him again when i see him and let u guys know. i got my set of itp's from ronnies.com with a set of 22' realters for 280 i think. they look great and got here in like 2 days. i jumped them a few times an no dents so they gotta be strong. the 1 thing i might not of mentioned is that the dent is on the INSIDE of the right rear rim.!!! wierd my tire is still inflated.and another FYI i do not have reinforcement rings but i do think they are a good investment.

I got bends in all my wheels, mostly just small ones but I have Douglas .190, .160, .125 and a couple ITP .190's. If it holds air I don't worry about it, if not I use a big brass drift and a 2.5 lb. sledge and go to town. They are such a bitch to bend back it kinda makes you think about how much force it took to bend them in the first place :o

i do mostly woods riding and hill climbing, a few strip mines here and there. there's a lot of open farm fields around, but you gotta get thru the woods to get to anything. i was surprised the rim didn't crack, or send me over the bars, for as hard as i hit that rock. but it's ok, just looks bad. still holds air too. i like the look of the itp's over the douglas.

A little story... I know a couple kids that had a blaster and a trailblazer. These kids tortured these quads and they looked totally trashed and were only a year or two old. Well I hadn't seen them for a while and one day they ride up to the house on new LE Raptors showin' 'em off. Knowing these kids as I do, I should have taken a pic of the quads while they were still nice.

Not 3 days later the one kids calls me up to ask if I have a brake disc for a Raptor. I asked what the heck he could have possibly hit with it to bend a disc. You guessed it... RR tracks. And it wasn't just a little wobbly, this sucker was destroyed. BTW a banshee disc will bolt right up :).

2 days after that the other kid asks me if I know where to get the rubber boots for the A arms. He said he ran into a stump with the front a ruined the lower A arm and since he the one off he was going to paint the other one and so he used a pickle fork to the get the UN damaged A arm off and ruined both boots.

So the moral of the story is... an idiot can ruin even the best quad in ways that the mind just cannot understand. Just accept the fact that your friends don't deserve a quad at all. Much less YOUR quad. NEVER let someone else ride your quad. It just ain't worth it.

BTW I agree that if you do any kind of trail riding, hammer that sucker back any way you can. There's a boulder near one of the trail heads here that is just low enough to be hidden by the tall grass but just jagged enough to ruin a rim at low speeds and just heavy enough to be impossible to move out of the way. I guarantee there's enough aluminum rubbed off onto that rock that the darn rock has recycle value :blink:

You just gotta get out the hammer an straighten it back out.

the first week i had my predator i bent one of the rear stock rims. it bent the inside of the wheel. which i didnt quite understand how it happened. so i thought id just take it off and take a 10 pound sledge to it and beat it back. well i got to beating and found that them sum bitches are fuckin strong. i was like how the hell did i bend this shit. oh well got me some reinforced shit now, so no bending occurs

good story holyman. looks like i got a job ahead of me according to u and locogato. ya from now on nobody touches my banshee. hes a good friend and knows how to ride but its not that.its about respect,for me and the shee. if its not urs it shouldn't be piss pounded. i learned the hard way and now have 2 beat my wheel into submission. i'm thinkin bout gettin reinforcement rings now for the new rims. i don't want this happening again.