Fuel Shut Off Valve Leaking.

So.. I took my banshee out for a ride earlier today around my house for about an hour or so and when I went to shut the fuel valve off to let it idle until the carburetors were empty of fuel it started to leak fuel from the part that turns. I removed the fuel line and the fuel still flows with the valve turned off so then I removed the fuel tank and drained all of the fuel out of the tank. So my question is should I buy a rebuild kit for the shut off valve or just buy a whole new shut off valve? My local dealership has an oem yamaha valve for $45 bucks or a dual feed pingle brand for $127 bucks. What would be the better option for me? My banshee is basically stock other than the exhaust and air filter setup. 

Thanks, 

Jake 

I would say buy the oem Yamaha fuel shut off valve unless you’re planning to do some major engine / carburetor upgrades later down the road then I would recommend purchasing the dual pingle shut off valve. The rebuild kits are pretty much a universal rebuild kit. When my fuel shut off valve went bad I just replaced it with the oem Yamaha one. It’s all up to you on what you want to purchase. Good luck!! 

• Thanks 1

I went and purchased the oem Yamaha fuel shut off valve. The guy at the parts counter at the dealership said the same exact thing about the dual pingle fuel valve. I got it installed and now everything is back together and working perfectly again . 

Thanks, 

Jake

• Like 1