Project Stroker

Ayjax

On 11/7/2023 at 5:49 PM, tfaith08 said:

You can wait to see how it goes or I can tell you. It’s a drastic difference if you’re going to be pushing it any at all.

With 20” tires, it cuts feedback by around 85% depending on the tire pressure you run at. It’s fairly easy to calculate.

Stock offset works best with around 24” tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im taking your word for it, going to order a set later this season. Ill try to get my hands on 24" tires if i can for the time being

Hi guys, I just received my Fox Float 3 shocks. The ones that come with a single chamber. Ive seen some posts saying I should dial the pressure to something around 150 psi, I weight 220 with gear. But on the instructions that came with it says 55 psi for the one with evol chamber. Should I trust it or just bump it up to 150 and work from there? 

Hi guys, I just received my Fox Float 3 shocks. The ones that come with a single chamber. Ive seen some posts saying I should dial the pressure to something around 150 psi, I weight 220 with gear. But on the instructions that came with it says 55 psi for the one with evol chamber. Should I trust it or just bump it up to 150 and work from there? 

The Evol chamber should be 2-4x the main chamber.

I’ve never seen a main chamber need more than 60psi ever.

Set the main chamber to get to ride height. Not for stiffness, not for comfort, not because Carl on Facebook said so, not because anyone else said so. The only job of the air in the main chamber is to get to ride height, same with springs.

Before you do that, put it on concrete (or a tile floor, wood, etc.) and put cardboard under the tires.

Set the tire pressure exactly how you plan on riding it and get on it. Bounce up and down while turning the bars and then settle slowly into your riding position.

Have someone else measure the height under the lower frame rails. Rear is under the pegs, the front is on the flat part of the frame just before it angles up to the lower arm mounts.

Your starting target should be around 7” in the rear and 7.5” in front. The difference in rear vs. front height is rake, so .5” rake in this case. More rake allows for better compliance on rough terrain at speed. Less rake keeps it flatter under braking.

If it wants to roll excessively or take any static load well, add Evol pressure. If that doesn’t solve it, add ride height.

If it wants to tip, lower the front ride height. If that doesn’t solve it, lower Evol pressure.

Every ride height change you make affects alignment so you’ll want to double check that.

Set the adjustments in the middle. If it’s rough on single impacts at speed, lower high speed compression. If it’s fine, turn it up until it isn’t, then back off a notch. As you change the high speed compression, you should also change the rebound to a degree. If I do 3 clicks on HS, I usually do 2 on rebound.

For braking, hard cornering, and general riding, low speed is what you’ll want to focus on.

• Like 2

as simple as that? nice 

It is. People argue with me about it all the time but there isn’t another way to get ride height.

If it’s too stiff, you won’t use all the travel.

If it’s beating you to death then your valving is off.

On 12/3/2023 at 4:38 PM, locogato11283 said:

My regular Floats are on drag bikes.

Damn, i did not know they were that low a friend told me to double check and ya it wasn’t wat i wanted but im started to think maybe i want to race 😂

21 hours ago, tfaith08 said:

It is. People argue with me about it all the time but there isn’t another way to get ride height.

If it’s too stiff, you won’t use all the travel.

If it’s beating you to death then your valving is off.

Im getting my bike from the garage tomorrow ill let you know how it goes

will send pics if they fit 50 kb

Still didnt get my bike back from the shop, the intake manifolds I got with my order are for 38mm carbs while I have 35s on. So scouring the industrial area to see if i can get my hands on a couple. Meanwhile, a friend of mine just advised me to upgrade the transmission (gears). He said with all the power and with my shifting style (full throttle) that the gears wont be reliable in the long run. Do I have to do something to my gearing? Im not going to upgrade to automatic 2-5 just yet. I want to have a little fun on it before turning it to a dedicated drag bike.