The Ultimate Build (with your help)

GSG

I am not sure how this will work or if it will work at all, but I wanted to get the professionals involved to build this thing together. As the description shows, I am planning to build the ultimate dune banshee with your help. I have had some experience with banshees but nothing to this extent, nor much with at the dunes, so I am no expert by any means!

Currently I have a stock A arm frame and will soon have a crank case.

Build wants: 1st - Performance/fast, 1st/2nd - looks, 3rd - quality, 4th - enjoyability. Money isn’t a concern, having said that if there are areas to save, I would like to. If there are no gains from spending more money than I would prefer to save.

Use: This bike will mainly be built for the dunes (weekend rides/hill shooter). I may hit up a few local sand drags here and there, just for fun. I don’t want this bike to be drag only, I want it to be ridable and enjoyable. Not much if any trail ridding, but it may be ripped around the house, through some open woods, out in the field here and there as-well.

Goals: I want to get as much hp out of this bike as possible while also ensuring it is still ridable. I would like some stance; I don’t want it slammed or sitting low to the ground nor do I want it sitting extremely high (something around standard ride height). I want this bike to hurt some feelings and one of if not the baddest all around bike at the dunes. Like everyone, I would like to see 100hp or more..

Looks are big for me! I love clean and I love white so the bike will be all white!! What is not white I want polished (I have experience with polishing). Please keep the color scheme in mind when giving suggestions. I know I may run into some headaches with certain things, i.e. shocks shocks but we will figure something out.

Once again, I am no Banshee expert, which is why I am here making this post. Call me out if needed!

My current goal is to acquire parts over time. This project will not start tomorrow, I will not be in any rush. Upon purchasing all I need, I plan to build the bike/motor then brake it all down, powder coat and final assembly. I do have a Youtube channel Godsent Garage - GsG - YouTube  I will be adding this build to the channel if you want to follow along.

Below is the suggestion/thoughts/questions section. Always open to pics and examples! Links for parts would also be greatly appreciated!

Blue: Suggestions

Green: Thoughts

Red: Question

Purple: Current Plan

Banshee:

Frame mods

Gusset

• Locations
  • Material type/specs

Sub frame

• Considering, fabricating my own sub frame mainly for looks. Losing a little weight would be nice also.

Drive terrain

Control arms

• Manufacture
  • Specs
    • Plan is +2+1 LSR

Swing arm

• Manufacture
  • Specs
    • Prefer not to go over a +4 (Don’t want it to long but long enough) guessing most are going to suggest +6 but I am just not sold at the moment. Really looking for input, some picture examples would be great also.

Shocks

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Axels

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Steering stem

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Steering stabilizer

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Wheel/Tires size

• Specs
    • Believe I know what type I want to go with, just looking for size recommendations.

Brakes

• Manufacture
  • Specs, etc.
    • I see many using YFZ brakes. Is that the best route?

Spindale

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Master cylinder

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Brake lever

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Clutch lever

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Throttle

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Motor (Goal: 100 + hp, want it to still be ridable and hurt feelings)

thinking a 472 kit, 72x58mm cylinder, 72mm pistons, 4mm crank, 34cc domes, etc.

Cylinder, pistons, rods, etc.

• Manufacture
  • Specs
    • Thoughts and suggestions on kit or parts/manufactures and specs

Crank

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Transmission

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Flywheel

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Carbs

• Manufacture
    • Originally thought lectron carbs but I may go with something else for now and upgrade later.
  • Specs

Stator

• Plan is to go original and stay away from aftermarket

Exhaust

• Manufacture
    • Plan was for shearer. I don’t dislike the look of the CPI exhaust but I like the look of the Shearer a lot better.
  • Specs

Clutch

• Manufacture
  • Specs

Electrical

Wiring harness

• Manufacture

CDI Box

• Suggestion/links

Anything else?

Whatever else you can think of fill free to add. Anything helps and is greatly appreciated! Thanks for all your help, this should be fun!

God Bless!

1 hour ago, SKEETER said:

Buncha clueless washed up old guys on here now.  If you're looking for relationship advice, fishing info, boat questions, or just want to get ratted on, then you're in the right place. 

Have any suggestions on where to get some pointers?

1 hour ago, locogato11283 said:

Suspension is going to be the most important aspect. You can have all the power in the world but if you can’t put it down it’s useless.

Couldn’t agree more. What are your suggestions? Manufacture and specs? 

Edited by GSG

3 hours ago, locogato11283 said:

I’m currently running Alba +2 LT arms with Fox Evols in front. Rear is a Stellar +2 swingarm with a Fox Podium.

This works very well.

Right on! Shock length?

What kind of numbers are you putting down? I’d like to try and avoid exceeding a +4 swingarm but im afraid I may need to consider a +6 with the #’s im planning to achieve. Also want it to be rideable on occasion.  

On 9/8/2022 at 4:34 AM, locogato11283 said:

17.5” shock length, but what’s important is the reservoir length. There’s a 5” and 3.5”. You want the shorter so it doesn’t hit the upper arm during compression.

I have a race gas 4mm Serval making 100hp.

Thanks to passion racing in sweethome, or. 

• Haha 1