Banshee Plug Wires

bigboybanshee

Does anyone have a set of plug wires for the shee lying around and want to get rid of em? I was about to change the plugs today and when I was popping off the plug wires the actual wire just broke off! :angry: I'm assuming they just dried out sitting in the sun with dirt on them...I don't know, but if anyone does have a spare/old/new set of plug wires and would like to help out a fellow HQ member, PLEASE let me know! THANKS!! :)

you might be better off getting a whole different coil on ebay. It is extremely difficult to change out the wires without breaking the clip that holds them in on the coil. I wanted to switch out my wires with some cool blue taylor wires and ruined two clips trying. You cant buy the clips seperate from yamaha either. You might be able to buy a kit to splice them on, but I have no experience with doing that.

you might be better off getting a whole different coil on ebay.  It is extremely difficult to change out the wires without breaking the clip that holds them in on the coil.  I wanted to switch out my wires with some cool blue taylor wires and ruined two clips trying.  You cant buy the clips seperate from yamaha either.  You might be able to buy a kit to splice them on, but I have no experience with doing that.

Now, I was looking at that and it had me concerned...I was hoping to actually find a set of wires that had the plugs(going into the coil) attached as well. How was it you broke the plugs? I figured I could just cut the wire with enough slack in it and splice/solder the new wires in...Anyone have any tips on changing the plug wires to avoid breaking the clips that go into the coil? THANKS!!!

the problem is the wires are also glued in with some foam sealer stuff and arent really made to come out of the coil. I dont know how much luck you would have soldering them, but you might be able to splice them with a kit like this:

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.asp?Page...OD&ProdID=17214

Still probably better off just picking up the whole coil on ebay. Good luck!