Left Cylinder Not Firing All The Time

When iam warming the shee up i usualy have to babysit it because it wont idle untill its warm, but I noticed if I give it some throttle than back off the left pipe would jump around and I could hear it wasent firing as much as the right side. So to test my theory I took the right side plug wire off when it was idling, motor died instantly. Did the same to the right, when I took the wire off the revs dropped (EDIT-But it kept running), so i gave it some throttle just to see and it revved up a bit like normal, unfortunetly my hand holding the plug wire was getting zapped at the same time so I had to shut her down :D

It seems to run perfect once its good and warm, but its still a little un-nerving knowing its doing that. I plan on buying a TORS remove kit and having a 'tune up' done and having everything checked over but I wanna know if theres anything I can do. Iam doing a compression test tomorrow so well see what happends there.

Sorry for writing so much, just thought I would be as descriptive as possible.

Edited by CoolRaptor2001

Just did a compression test and the left side is 90psi and the right side is 111psi :angry::angry::angry:

Means rebuild right? It was bored .40 over last summer the guy i bought it from said. I didnt think it would need rebuilt already...

Hmm paying for a rebuild should be interesting....since I got $70 dollars to my name right now :blink:

Yeah i was wondering about the jetting. Its got the snorkel removed and a k&n but I dunno if its been jetted or not. I imagine it needs bored out more right? how much would ya recommend? its already .40 over the guy said.

Depends on the damage or scars in the cylinders....You might be able to just go another .010 over, but if you have some deep scratches that you can grab w/ a fingernail, then you might have to go another .020 over....Is that all you have is a K&N filter?? What about the filter flange?? Is the the stock white plastic flange or do you have an aluminum flange?? The stock one will allow sand to get by and ruin the rings and cylinders....I'd also rejet even for just the filter...You should be around a 240-250 main jet for 60 degree weather and even higher for colder temps.....Also make sure your water impeller is still good and the coolant is circulating...If you overheat, then you'll cook the top end....

I got the stock white one :unsure:

I havent ridden it veyr much, maybe 5 hours since I got it so I hope the damage isent to bad.

Wonder how much it will cost to get it rebuilt. I got the left TORS on with zip-ties so i gotta get a elimination kit for that and have it installed as well.

ahh this just keeps getting better and better :rolleyes:

Edited by CoolRaptor2001

Could be an air leak but no dirt could get in there. Its sealed up pretty good, white tape on it then rammed it on there tight then used zip ties to hold it down. But who knows, it is the left side after all with the problem.

Hmm anything i need to know before taking the cylinders off? I wont be able to do it untill i have some money (after christmas) but just wanna be as prepared as possible.

This realy sucks lol

P.S.-How do you get the gas tank off? The frame keeps getting in the way and i cant pry it out :angry:

Edited by CoolRaptor2001

Gas tank will come out...Just pull... :D I pull the back up first and to one side since the fuel petcock will catch up....Everything else is pretty simple, make sure you drain the antifreeze first. I disconnect the hose on the right side and tip the shee. Make sure you have a catch pan, it'll get messy...