My banshee is leaking gas and I don't know what to do.

shamial101

My banshee just got a full engine rebuild and has a new athena 392 big bore kit on it. It starts up fine I have to pull in the choke and give it a little throttle and it'll start up in a couple kicks. The problem is it is leaking gas after a couple minutes of running. Sometimes I can hear it about to turn off and I give it gas and it stays on. i am pretty new to banshees and I don't know what to do. The shop says I need new carbs since these are worn out.

• 2 weeks later...

i had similar problem inclusive missfires on the clutch side, which also caused less smoke-exaust on that site in idle. purchased a Moose carbs rebuild kit, at least the leaking was gone, but missfires were still there. so i purchased a pair of used OEM Carbs, which were actually meant for Tors delete. i swapped over the carb rebuild kit to the  "new" carb, only the pilot jet i leaved in its place, after that, the missfires were finally eliminated. i knew it was the pilot jet, but i couldn't explain, why the jet always got clogged by dirt particles. maybe this carb was worn out too. i don't know!

On 2/24/2022 at 3:54 PM, shamial101 said:

My banshee just got a full engine rebuild and has a new athena 392 big bore kit on it. It starts up fine I have to pull in the choke and give it a little throttle and it'll start up in a couple kicks. The problem is it is leaking gas after a couple minutes of running. Sometimes I can hear it about to turn off and I give it gas and it stays on. i am pretty new to banshees and I don't know what to do. The shop says I need new carbs since these are worn out.

Probably need new needle valves and adjust the floats. This is a 10 minute total process. Anyone with a screw driver and ruler can do it