Jump to content

Fox Floats and what rear shock?


JG1
 Share

Recommended Posts

For my Banshee. Have some extra spare change laying around and want a nice setup.

Was thinking the fox floats up front, and maybe an elka rear?

I'm a bigger guy, bout 250lbs. The floats can be adjusted for my weight by me? What about getting the right size spring fitted for the rear before it's shipped to me?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For my Banshee. Have some extra spare change laying around and want a nice setup.
Was thinking the fox floats up front, and maybe an elka rear?
I'm a bigger guy, bout 250lbs. The floats can be adjusted for my weight by me? What about getting the right size spring fitted for the rear before it's shipped to me?
May i ask what's your budget???? Do you have stick A-arms??

I like my fox floats rc2 in front 'cause they are light (banshee is nose heavy) and asjustable.

I got an Elka LT setup rear.

Lots of peeps send the rear shock to be "updated" and it works quite well too.

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ClaudeMachining said:

May i ask what's your budget???? Do you have stick A-arms??

I like my fox floats rc2 in front 'cause they are light (banshee is nose heavy) and asjustable.

I got an Elka LT setup rear.

Lots of peeps send the rear shock to be "updated" and it works quite well too.

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk
 

I dont have a budget. Just want a nice setup. 

Was looking at the Elka rear shock. 

I have the Fireball A-Arms +2

I'm not sure if ATV Galaxy would be able to put the right spring on the rear prior to shipping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont have a budget. Just want a nice setup. 
Was looking at the Elka rear shock. 
I have the Fireball A-Arms +2
I'm not sure if ATV Galaxy would be able to put the right spring on the rear prior to shipping. 
No budget??? Ok.

Then go floats rc2 and full Elka rear setup.

Yes, they will ask for weight and type of riding.

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ClaudeMachining said:

No budget??? Ok.

Then go floats rc2 and full Elka rear setup.

Yes, they will ask for weight and type of riding.

Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk
 

Thanks. Just sent them an email. Do forum members still get 10% off?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chris from ATV Galaxy emailed me back. Recommended the Fox Float 3 front shocks. Are the RC2 that much better?
Also recommend the Fox 2.0 podium for the rear. 
Fox float 3 evol Rc2 are the top of the line fox shocks. That's what im talking about.

Rear Podium is also a good option, i better like the Elka since it's LT setup.

I putted a couple pics of my suspension setup.



Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk



dc88c778b113081f943a99e9631baea3.jpgf9603b9b51ea331b99989080ae01dcda.jpg8187d41649c02e1884ab93c49ecdf056.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ClaudeMachining said:

Fox float 3 evol Rc2 are the top of the line fox shocks. That's what im talking about.

Rear Podium is also a good option, i better like the Elka since it's LT setup.

I putted a couple pics of my suspension setup.



Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk



dc88c778b113081f943a99e9631baea3.jpgf9603b9b51ea331b99989080ae01dcda.jpg8187d41649c02e1884ab93c49ecdf056.jpg

Do you have a link for the Elka LT?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ClaudeMachining said:

I bought it directly from Elka since they are located herr in Quebec.

www.elkasuspension.com

I'm 100% sure they're is USA dealer.


Envoyé de mon SM-N975W en utilisant Tapatalk
 

It's the "Elka Long Travel" rear shock correct? I'm having trouble finding that specific shock when I Google it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...