Help ...handlebars misaligned.front end /steering stem sloppy

Hello. haven’t been in any recent crashes. But I’ve had plenty of close calls ....and a few nose dives way to hard .....lately ......(this atv was hit hard by you Utv a year ago ). The handlebars are aligned and correct when stopped ... but when there driving they are too the right. The stem seems a little loose and the front end seems like it’s getting sloppy.    ..... I just checked the bars are straight and tight when stopped .... what could be the problem ? I have no clue where to start .... maybe bent the steering stem? From a Utv  crash and I’m just noticing now? Because my buddy pointed it out ......but I have noticed stem was lose before hand ....thanks 

Edited by Doom400

Hello. haven’t been in any recent crashes. But I’ve had plenty of close calls ....and a few nose dives way to hard .....lately ......(this atv was hit hard by you Utv a year ago ). The handlebars are aligned and correct when stopped ... but when there driving they are too the right. The stem seems a little loose and the front end seems like it’s getting sloppy.    ..... I just checked the bars are straight and tight when stopped .... what could be the problem ? I have no clue where to start .... maybe bent the steering stem? From a Utv  crash and I’m just noticing now? Because my buddy pointed it out ......but I have noticed stem was lose before hand ....thanks 

Is it sloppy like things are loose? Did you check for play in any of your steering/chassis components? As Kawi mentioned, have you checked the tie rods and ends?
One thing that will make your handling feel like it has a mind of its own is if your toe is out and not straight or in. (In a little is ideal.) but if your front tires are toed out like it has fetal alcohol syndrome, your steering is going to be obnoxious.
Check your rear axle. Is your swing arm stock? These stock swing arms are junk and the axle carrier mounting tabs bend with little effort. Bent swing arm tabs could skew your axle carrier and that can cause a rear alignment issue that would cause you to have to favor one direction to steer the bike straight.
So check those things.
Videos on YouTube can explain how to check toe way better than I can here. But all you really need is a tape measure and a piece of regular chalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again for the responses guys. I am going to dive in this weekend. The bars are straight when the bike is sitting. I undid and checked for tightness and straightness. But soon as you start driving the handlebars are misaligned. And there’s a little play in the stem 2 where there wasn’t a couple weeks ago before my jump-athon. I’ll keep you guys posted now I know where to look thanks again