Pc Pipes The Real Deal?

Yaxy

I love the PC ,it does hit pretty hard and a little late,but thats why I love'em.If your runnin fairly open trails,the PC will work,but as soon as the trail gets technical,you'll understand why they call it a high rev.Low to mid pipes perform better in the tighter stuff,but I never cared for them.

I love the PC ,it does hit pretty hard and a little late,but thats why I love'em.If your runnin fairly open trails,the PC will work,but as soon as the trail gets technical,you'll understand why they call it a high rev.Low to mid pipes perform better in the tighter stuff,but I never cared for them.

me either cause bottom line i want it to pull my arms off ......if i have to fan the clutch no big....my cr's are the same you get used to it, you end up just down shifting...if it has a power band ill find it.......

I agree Deuce,I guess it depends on your riding style.

If your looking for a predictable powerband with tractable power,than you probably want a 4stroke.

I never liked those bikes with powerbands that begin off idle,My 500 is like that and it doesn't even feel like a 2stroke(Dam BURLY Pipe).If you get a little outta shape,you best not even have your hand on the throttle.

How do the PC's compare to the FMF which is what I currently use. My current powerband comes on quick and hard and I can put at 30 in 6th hit the gas and go. I hardly ever have to feather the clutch or shift down unless I need quick excelleration. I like the fact that my FMF (GOld series) hit quick and hard but when I open ride it feels like I am always wanting an extra gear. We mostly seasonal road ride or sand pit ride, with some trails, not very tight, in which I can get into 4th, and 5th gear. In such a situation I ride the bike like a 4 stroke and can keep it a gear high in the woods hit a tight corner in 2nd go into a crawl and hit the gas and gone, no hesitation no clutching. So for all I know I may be going back to a FMF or maybe a PT. I guess I just want to take advantages of my mods with a good low to mid pipe but not loose top end power, Top end speed is not supercrititcal, A to B is important. I was under the interpretation that A PT would not work adequately on a full mod Banshee, but Hell if Duncan uses them on there Banshees then I guess it may be the way to go. I want a powerband that is typical of a Banshee, What I don't want is a powerband like a 4 stroke I want it to hit down low and rip the tires loose. Currently the faster I shift the faster I go which means getting in to powerband quick 1st through 5th gear is critical. Will I have this type of Hit with the PT on a full mod??

Chris

So for all I know I may be going back to a FMF or maybe a PT.  I guess I just want to take advantages of my mods with a good low to mid pipe but not loose top end power, Top end speed is not supercrititcal, A to B is important.  I was under the interpretation that A PT would not work adequately on a full mod Banshee, but Hell if Duncan uses them on there Banshees then I guess it may be the way to go.  I want a powerband that is typical of a Banshee,  What I don't want is a powerband like a 4 stroke I want it to hit down low and rip the tires loose.  Currently the faster I shift the faster I go which means getting in to powerband quick 1st through 5th gear is critical. Will I have this type of Hit with the PT on a full mod??

Chris

You almost lost me. You said you want the banshee hit and not a 4-stroke, but then you say you want instant power and acceleration from corner to corner.......Well, then you'd want a low end like a 4-stroke.... <_< Anyways from what your describing, I wouldn't go w/ the pc pipes....they are hesitant before powerband and hit extremely hard breaking the tires loose which isn't a good thing in the woods....I like the old gold series pipes. W/ the right jetting, they have great low end and top end....they really like the richer needles and see great gains....I'd definately stay w/ a midrange pipe.......which one is up to you...From your description, I'd go w/ Pt's....

Banchetta; Sorry if I confused you. My 89 Banshee has great throttle respnse from idling in 2nd put it to the bar and it goes there is no hesitation. I run rich on the pilot circuit which helps alot on the bottom end. As you described I have the old Gold series pipes (1990) and they appear to be really good for what I ride. On a pecentage basis I ride the following

Woods riding (tight seasonal roads) max to 40 mph, 35 % of the time

Fast seasonal road riding 60 mph 45 % of the time

Sand pits and dunes 30% of the time

I called FMF last summer and they said that the old Gold series are the same as the Fatty's. If this is the case I want either these or PT's I just don't know if the $200 difference is worth it for the PT's and because what I have been reading the PT's really smooth out the powerband. I really want the hit that I currently have. Up here in NY popular tire are holeshots or Turf tamers so I may see tire spin as good low end because traction isn't the best with these types of tires on a gravel or sand base.

And god do I hate the down spouts on the FMF's does anyone run new FMF silencers withour them and now is the noise level?

Chris

Blue Duece;

Fill me in on how good your set-up works. I have the saem setup as I mentioned above except I have FMF's. It pulls hard early and comes on quick and has a good amount of power on top but just kind of winds with no more scoot to her, But I do like the way it accelerates in which you know you are riding a 2 stroke when you want it to be and that I can ride it like a 4-stroke in the woods. From what I have been reading in this post I don't know what to get. Many seem to emphasize PT, But I do alot of fast trail riding 50 - 60 MPH in which I can keep her in 6th and just go. I Know everyone has there opinions and I was basing by favortism towards PC, off of a Dyno reading that I seen which said that the pipe would be a good MX pipe because it comes on hard and quick, but pulls a ways on top also. When I run wide open it usually isnt for more than 5 to 10 seconds at 70 or so, so I don't want a pipe that only produces more as I hold here open for long periods of time. I may just take my FMF off my 89 and put on my 04, and if I like than I may just stick with FMF. Any experience with the SST on a full mod?

Chris

I do a lot of sand pit riding and trails of your description....I know what you mean by the nice instant power on demand and great pull. I used to own a set of Golds. I sold them to my friend after I bought my Pts so I had a good comparison between the two shees and pipes....The Pt's come in a slight earlier and smoother, not by a lot, but enough to make and feel a difference. The tire spin is less w/ the Pt's...As far as top end, they are the same, but the Pt's will get there a hair quicker....You can also pull a higher gear w/ the Pt's....If you love your fmf's, for the reasons your giving, then you'll love the Pt's even more....Don't get the Pc's, they are not for your type of riding....My .02 anyways...

heres how i see it take it for what its worth......on a non ported shee...the turner comes on sooner but signs off early, the pc comes on later but never stops pulling..ive ridden both, ive ridden both on my bike.... i tend to steer twards.......... dump the clutch and the pc is gone till you let off....... the turner when it signs off shift....with delta 2's the pc will come on sooner but the turner will pull off of idle with deltas....

Banchetta; You are right on the money, you labled my type of riding exactly. I do like the FMF's. I have had the bike and pipes for 13 years so I am used to it. By reading yours and Blue Deuces responses I will have to go with the FMF's or the PT. I am on and off the gas alot and rarely have an issue of having to shift down alot to accelerate. I ususlly run a gear higher becasue the torque is there when I need it without using the clutch. The Torque my set up has works really good for trails and the dunes. Instant throttle response and even if I am not in poweband the bike will still pull well until it hits. So thanks once again. Do you think the PT's are worth the $200.00 extra? and do you know if FMF makes their silencers without those down spouts?

Chris

Not sure about the downspouts....Is $200 worth it??? Depends on how much of an edge you really want...I can pull the fmf's out of the whole about 2-3 bike lengths and stay the same to the top....The Pt's can pull a higher gear giving more advantage of less shifting and pull longer....I'm glad I bought them and would do it again....I like having the edge and will pay more for it...It is noticeable, can't really describe how much....The golds have great throttle response if jetted right, but the Pt's are sooo smooth, powerband is in at the touch of the throttle. Its like a 250R, but w/ power.... :P One of the best things I like is the ability to work on the shee and the pipes are totally out of your way.... B)