Big bore or stroker rebuild?

TheBull

Yes, but not enough to out run you buddies, if doing that alone. usually gets some bottom back thats lost when porting for topend. Porting can more than double your hp. ( if you go all out) but you'll loose most of bottom end to do it. You need to decide before porting if you plan on stroking in tho. If you port it with stock stroke, then decide later to stroke it, you'll have to get other cylinders ( depending on how aggresive you go) when you do that. The port timings will be off. If its just a mild port you might be able to change port timings enough & get  cut domes to make up for the 4mil. Stroke & keep same cylinders.  And you can't just put in a stroker crank, with out getting port timings matched ported in your current cylinders. When you say race with your buddies do you mean play racing or @ a track all the time? Also if @ a track you'll want to see what class you want to fit in, & build accordingly.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I will be on asphalt when racing mostly but just with other buddies that have a little money in their banshees. I also will be trail riding so I just want something mild but not your average banshee either if that makes sense. I'm thinking of the 421 big bore kit. If I do go that road do I need to get new crank also.

Yep & dont get an ebay kit & i'd stay away from vitos & bp also.
What do the others have done? Asphalt as in street or track?Honestly i think you'd be happy with getting your stock cylinders ported & get your crank welded. If you want to go more, i'd look into driveline

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk