New to me Banshee- No spark. Need some help.

Burns363R

I got a 2000 banshee that has no spark.  I found the key switch was broken when i tried to turn it on.  So i bypassed it temporarly.  I tied the red and brown wires together and the two black wires.  Still no spark. I ohm checked the stator and it checks out good per my manual. 

Is there any other common things to check on these?  Im not sure how to check the coil on this, the book i have doesnt describe what to check on it very well.  The bike appears to be 100% stock, no pipes, still has twin carbs.  I did pull them and clean them.  Havent installed them yet.  The WOT sensors are still plugged in.  And yes the thumb switch is on. 

Thank you in advance. 

On 2/6/2020 at 1:31 PM, Burns363R said:

I got a 2000 banshee that has no spark.  I found the key switch was broken when i tried to turn it on.  So i bypassed it temporarly.  I tied the red and brown wires together and the two black wires.  Still no spark. I ohm checked the stator and it checks out good per my manual. 

Is there any other common things to check on these?  Im not sure how to check the coil on this, the book i have doesnt describe what to check on it very well.  The bike appears to be 100% stock, no pipes, still has twin carbs.  I did pull them and clean them.  Havent installed them yet.  The WOT sensors are still plugged in.  And yes the thumb switch is on. 

Thank you in advance. 

I’m new to banshees but diagnostics is a general thing when it comes to motors which I work around. If you’ve bypassed the key switch and removed the tors to check then try checking to see if you have signal coming into the ignition coil for spark. Start there to see if maybe it’s a bad coil. If that checks out fine you have bad coil. If you don’t have signal at the wire well then I’d have to look at the wiring diagram for a banshee to tel you where to look next but I believe it would be the cdi box. Wiring diagram will be your best friend in this situation if you know how to read one.