Ideas on Upgrades

Casull454

Boyesen ports (boost ports) is drilling an additional hole next to each side of the intake. Disregard what I said earlier, it’s mostly for drag racing and squeezing out extra horse power.  You don’t need them for what your doing. 
those are stock reeds. Get yourself a set of vf4 reeds for the most performance. The guys at driveline will set you up

36 minutes ago, gusto said:

Boyesen ports (boost ports) is drilling an additional hole next to each side of the intake. Disregard what I said earlier, it’s mostly for drag racing and squeezing out extra horse power.  You don’t need them for what your doing. 
those are stock reeds. Get yourself a set of vf4 reeds for the most performance. The guys at driveline will set you up

I’ve done boost ports in saws, have to go external with those. We only used em with racing as well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 6:24 PM, gusto said:

I’ve been down that road.....

send in the engine for the work to a sponsor. Port cylinders, case port the cases to match cylinders, cool head with cut domes for the stroker crank.

internally, you’ll need a heavy duty clutch. It’s best to put on a billet clutch basket like a mattoon or chariot....but not entirely necessary. You won’t need a lockout.

have the roller detent mod and shift star mod completed which aids in shifting. If you have some extra money a pro mod transmission (you can read up on this) is worth the extra.

new seals and of course the 4 mil crank. Most people use HotRods cranks, they’re good.

you can keep the stock carbs BUT if you see a set of Keihin PWK 28s that would be my choice. I ran 72hp on stock carbs with no problem.

you can keep you T5s but if you want huge bottom end and tq buy SLP, if you want a good all around pipe I like Pro Circuit, if you want top end drag style get some Shearers or CPI.

if you can’t wait there’s a brand new 421 driveline set up in the for sale section.

What is the difference between the 28mm Mukini carbs and the 28mm Keihin carbs? Is one better to buy than the other? 

Consult with your engine builder to see if they sell carbs. Be sure when buying from eBay that your not buying cheap china knockoffs. When I bought my keihin 28mm pwk’s I bought them from PJ Motorsports. I called them and talked with them and the worked me a deal on both carbs, throttle cable and shipping was $ 315.00. I bought my carbs 2 yrs ago and I don’t know what they would charge now for them.