Adaptive timing advance.

the boris

3 minutes ago, ClaudeMachining said:

Motor city banshee curves

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

Thank you! I'm starting to see a pattern. Apparently they aren't very prone to detonation in the 3500-5500 range. I'm guessing that 8500-10000 is the area that you don't want to get carried away in.  With the points i was running flat 17 degrees and i didn't get any evidence of detonation . So i theory, within reason, as long as i keep the top end below 17ish, i should be safe for now? Thanks everyone for the input!

Midrange detonation is a thing, but is harder to notice and I don't think causes much damage. If the midrange gets worse , gets hot, or feels like it is fighting itself drop the timing in that range and see if it improves But is a little more forgiving than at WOT.

You'll need to test your curve while riding. I adjust a degree or two at a time and switch between curves and decide if I can tell a difference.

Just don't get greedy with the timing unless you are prepared to rebuild the motor.

• Like 1

Definitely not prepared for a rebuild! I was thinking that it wouldn't be a bad idea to run a little less timing in the  4000-5000 range than the maps that have been posted.  When cruising that is primarily the rpm range i will be at and possibly could build excessive heat over time. On your original post, you mentioned the flat spot. I'm assuming you are talking about the flat spot at 5000rpm?

Yeah, on my setup and I think a lot of Banshees there is a dip in the power output around 5000 RPM right before the motor comes on pipe.  I found that the dip doesn't seem as bad if I keep the timing high through the dip.