Banshee top end

I have an issue. I just recently got a banshee with a 421 drive line high port top end. I’m in the third tank of gas. It has 35 keihin carbs with 158 mains. It is a little rich on bottom end Perfect in the middle and according to the plug chop it is perfect up top I mean perfect but when I get in the upper rpm range it has that lean feel to it if that makes any sense (revs smoothe the last little bit of throttle). It dosent fall flat it just seems to loose power in the last 1/4 bit of the throttle in 5th and 6th like it’s running out of fuel mainly 6th. Fuel supply be the issue? I have a pingle valve.  Should I go with bigger carbs or get bigger bowls. The bike is absolutely unbelievable on low end and mid range but top end leaves much to be desired  

what pipes are you running? 

its easier for peeps to figure stuff out with a full motor details... 

what needle and pilot   turns on AF screw.

Compression.....   sea level....

pods?  airbox? 

OEM stator or an aftermarket?  

You confirmed / verified that the float level is to spec.    

timing? 

even the temps your riding in could have an effect...  if you jetted your bike in warmer temps and the temps have cooled some... you could be on the lean side..

whats pilot with AF setting and when did u plug chop. weather def plays a role (as mentioned above)  if it was perfect in the summer and still running a 158 you might be 2-3 sizes too lean now depending on how cold it is.  Carbs and bowl size is not your issue as long as float level is fine. 

Edited by Ayesully810

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, gusto said:

On the low rpm pipes

Yes. I did on Rockets and T5’s. My oval track motors (high comp 4mils)  start fighting heat real bad after about 10-12 laps so that’s what made me do some tinkering. I just never liked the T5’s, so that was the first set I cut up. I did big bore stingers on them, but it just made them even lazier on the bottom and not pull up top, so I swapped them back to the factory stingers. The Rockets gave me some pretty good results though. I put big bore stingers on the rockets and the bottom end felt the same and it actually let them pull a little more RPM. It totally got rid of the abrupt sign off they had like the SLP’s do. Plus the motor didn’t seem to fight the heat like it did and I was able to back off the main jet a size to get more power with out the extra heat.