Replace carbs with 28 mm keihin carbs.. what jets now?

Tobynblevins

My stock carbs we're no longer usable so I replaced them with 28 mm keihin carburetors what is a ballpark range should I jet  them at.... I have DMC pipes Trail ported cylinders that are bored one over and that's it everything else is pretty much airbox is on it my elevation is 650ft... temperature in the summer time is 70 degrees to 85° sometimes 90 degrees 2 a hundred on occasion

42/45 pilot, needle middle clip to start, 142-145 main. Depending on the portwork it may be wise to grab a set of 148’s just in case it wants more. You’re gonna love the PWK’s.  Set the air screw out about 3/4-1 turn and then set the idle screws on the slides. 

10 hours ago, trickedcarbine said:

42/45 pilot, needle middle clip to start, 142-145 main. Depending on the portwork it may be wise to grab a set of 148’s just in case it wants more. You’re gonna love the PWK’s.  Set the air screw out about 3/4-1 turn and then set the idle screws on the slides. 

I would need to order more then this is what oil ordered 

Screenshot_20191127-035918_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, trickedcarbine said:

Those look like knock offs. And only one of each, you’ll need 2 of each. Only run the Genuine Keihin Jets. Maybe RD jets if you’re in a pinch. 

Also I ordered so many because of mods if I take air box off I can jett up or other things that require jetting to change.. I have only used knock off jets in my yz 250 but never had a problem. 

4 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

fwiw ive ran AB and genuine keihin jets with no issues, but i only run keihins because psychologically it bothers me.  id stick to genuine like said above. 

Yea ima order some when I figure out where my jets need to be so I'm not spending that extra on jets.. them was only 8 bucks for 2 sets.. was going to have my friend jet it but he dont do a plug chop he said he goes off smoke no way in hell you can jet a bike off smoke and get it correct  lol never hurd of that..you ?

12 hours ago, Tobynblevins said:

Yea ima order some when I figure out where my jets need to be so I'm not spending that extra on jets.. them was only 8 bucks for 2 sets.. was going to have my friend jet it but he dont do a plug chop he said he goes off smoke no way in hell you can jet a bike off smoke and get it correct  lol never hurd of that..you ?

Smoke, eh? Better stick to reading plugs if you want yours to live. To be honest after you learn how to tune a motor, you’ll see that chopping plugs is kind of not needed either. There is a wealth of info to be had just by looking at the end of a plug. 

3 hours ago, trickedcarbine said:

Smoke, eh? Better stick to reading plugs if you want yours to live. To be honest after you learn how to tune a motor, you’ll see that chopping plugs is kind of not needed either. There is a wealth of info to be had just by looking at the end of a plug. 

I do not use smoke to Jet. But I've always heard you have to chop a plug to get an accurate reading from your jets I even read that in a old dirt Weekly Magazine. The top of the  plug can read differently  at different speeds  from what I have hurd... but I cant really jet I always take my shit to a professional....I'm trying to learn tho