Shopping for cylinders/porting/advice. Stock crank/stock jugs

03shee775

My stock cylinders are nearing the end of their life. Picked them up used with a dune port/fresh bore from FAST. They absolutely ripped and won't hesitate to use those guys again. I would like to start with a fresh set of stock jugs and send them to FAST or HJR. I have heard mostly positive reviews on the niche jugs. Obviously if cost were not a factor, I would start with a factory set. Tempting with their low cost however. I will be sending them out to be ported and get pistons with either factory or aftermarket. There is no going back to stock after riding a nice dune port. Anyone sent cheap cylinders to a reputable builder and have any feedback? Jugs are not necessarily the place to skimp but if they work they work... I love my cylinders but it seems like sleeving and redoing the porting isn't necessarily cost effective/best? I know this topic has been beat to death as I have searched a lot of the last week. Appreciate any/all words of wisdom, thanks!

Setup:

Beater dune bike. +2 A-arms, mostly stock. Almost all riding is at Sand Mountain Nevada. Usually do one Glamis trip a year and Pismo once a year if possible

Stock crank

Stock carbs, 350-380 mains adjusted for altitude/temp. Clamp on filters

Noss cool head 21cc domes. Pump gas

T4 pipes (on the hunt for a cheap set of T5's or other pipes if possible). Also have FMF's on my back up bike but the T4's run better

Vforce 2's. Will be moving to Vforce 4's as i need new petals and the price has come down

Timing will be at +4 when i get around to installing the plate

My stock cylinders are nearing the end of their life. Picked them up used with a dune port/fresh bore from FAST. They absolutely ripped and won't hesitate to use those guys again. I would like to start with a fresh set of stock jugs and send them to FAST or HJR. I have heard mostly positive reviews on the niche jugs. Obviously if cost were not a factor, I would start with a factory set. Tempting with their low cost however. I will be sending them out to be ported and get pistons with either factory or aftermarket. There is no going back to stock after riding a nice dune port. Anyone sent cheap cylinders to a reputable builder and have any feedback? Jugs are not necessarily the place to skimp but if they work they work... I love my cylinders but it seems like sleeving and redoing the porting isn't necessarily cost effective/best? I know this topic has been beat to death as I have searched a lot of the last week. Appreciate any/all words of wisdom, thanks!

Setup:
Beater dune bike. +2 A-arms, mostly stock. Almost all riding is at Sand Mountain Nevada. Usually do one Glamis trip a year and Pismo once a year if possible
Stock crank
Stock carbs, 350-380 mains adjusted for altitude/temp. Clamp on filters
Noss cool head 21cc domes. Pump gas
T4 pipes (on the hunt for a cheap set of T5's or other pipes if possible). Also have FMF's on my back up bike but the T4's run better
Vforce 2's. Will be moving to Vforce 4's as i need new petals and the price has come down
Timing will be at +4 when i get around to installing the plate

I have a set of virgin oem cylinders for sale. I also have a set of ported OEM cylinders at 65mm for sale . But if I were you I would honestly go 4 mill. I had a ported bike and it always left something to be desired after a few months. The 4mill just totally changed everything for me. I don’t have much experience driving one, but I was pretty impressed with my driveline setup l.

You can build a decent 4 mill for about 15-1800 new.

Also I would keep your vforce 2s they are better than 4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honest opinions on the porting/condition of these jugs? Please keep it friendly as not to discourage potential buyers..

I didn’t even see this. Those are mine. Had them on my bike for a month and then went to the driveline. Jesse at macdaddy does a great job with OEM jugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk