New project but cracked case

I got a new project for 500 bucks,starts in the first kick.it has Dyno port 2into1 exhaust,looks mostly stock honestly which I’m sure it is,has new cdi,new plug coils,works shocks,new water pump,new stator,but like I said the case has a little crack near the nuetral plastic switch and the shifter rod, I would post pics but I’m also having trouble posting pictures of it it’s not allowing me.

Edited by HomesteadBanshee

But if you look between the shifter rod and the case saver you’ll see a little crack,For some reason it’s not letting me post more pictures. I was trying to post more picture of the quad but every image says it’s to big even though I’m resizing it and it says it’s small enough kB’s to post but it’s not allowing me,tommorow I’ll try and get more pics tomorrow without the case saver.

9 hours ago, Deadbeat said:

is it even leaking? thats why it has a case saver now its already been damaged. Devcon epoxy works well, strip it down and get it welded would be a fun adventure for all. 

I spoke to the owner of redo banshee parts he told me to leave it together and just clean it good and get it welded being on the bike.what do you recommend I strip the motor apart completely and just give the welder the case?any suggestions guys?and yeah the guy sold to me told me it was cracked but he bought the case saver and all the chain guides after the fact.

9 hours ago, Deadbeat said:

is it even leaking? thats why it has a case saver now its already been damaged. Devcon epoxy works well, strip it down and get it welded would be a fun adventure for all. 

It leaks very little as in a week or two to empty all its oil from the case, the bike stars first kick honestly.Also needs a clutch I was thinking of getting a driveline or Vito? Any suggestions on a clutch ?

Too much of a leak for me.
Make a mess of bike when riding.

1. Cheapest(may not work) JB weld/epoxy
2. Attempt to weld on bike(cases get to hot will damage oil seal at countershaft sprocket and shift shaft)
3. Tear down and have welded
4. Find good used cases, swap everything over, install new crank bearings, seals, trans bearings and new piston rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ayesully810 said:

take a close up pic brah lol the angle change dont matter.  also congrats on finding a project i know you been looking for the last year.  

Thanks man I’ll post a better pic tommorow when the suns out. It honestly starts first kick I think I got a steal for 500