Banshee hesitates before band

jason.perez

raise your needle 1 clip see if it gets worse or better...  if it gets worse well go down 1 from middle afterwards

your pilot seems ok.  main seems in the ball park...    also what setting is your AF screw at as that does have an effect through out your range though minimal above 1/4 throttle.

read through this post on this link.... it has helped me out a ton when i 1st started

http://www.maultechatv.com/techguides/carbtuning.php

Edited by ride.race.live

On 10/11/2019 at 4:46 AM, ride.race.live said:

raise your needle 1 clip see if it gets worse or better...  if it gets worse well go down 1 from middle afterwards

your pilot seems ok.  main seems in the ball park...    also what setting is your AF screw at as that does have an effect through out your range though minimal above 1/4 throttle.

read through this post on this link.... it has helped me out a ton when i 1st started

http://www.maultechatv.com/techguides/carbtuning.php

Air screw at 1 1/2 from lightly seated 

sorry I lagged to reply in one of the carbs the hinge that prevents the slide from twisting around wore off or broke off and I had to put on a new set of carbs. I threw in the same Jets and richened the needle the hesitation got worse so I leaned it out.  It’s better but it’s not as crisp as I want it  for example if i just punch it of the get go there’s a pretty noticable hesitation before the power comes in    is there anything I can do ?  Maybe go down a main size ? 

Edited by jason.perez

On 10/12/2019 at 3:50 PM, jason.perez said:

Air screw at 1 1/2 from lightly seated 

sorry I lagged to reply in one of the carbs the hinge that prevents the slide from twisting around wore off or broke off and I had to put on a new set of carbs. I threw in the same Jets and richened the needle the hesitation got worse so I leaned it out.  It’s better but it’s not as crisp as I want it  for example if i just punch it of the get go there’s a pretty noticable hesitation before the power comes in    is there anything I can do ?  Maybe go down a main size ? 

so seems like your going in the right direction.

Try going to 1 and 3/4 turn on fuel screw or even turn it out to 2 turns from lightly seated and see how that does. and report back

Runs pretty much the same maybe a tiny more crisp

I had the same issue on my bike. I had to drop my pilot and fatten the needle in order to have a smooth transition from 1/4-1/2throttle.

If you do something and it gets better keep moving in that direction. Work on one thing at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Killacaviar said:

I had the same issue on my bike. I had to drop my pilot and fatten the needle in order to have a smooth transition from 1/4-1/2throttle.

If you do something and it gets better keep moving in that direction. Work on one thing at a time.

Thanks yeah mine is like right at 3/4 throttle so like where the needle transitions to main it’s been a pain so far. I’m thinking of dropping my pilot down since low end power is not where it should be 

3 hours ago, Killacaviar said:

No change at all? Better? worse ?

Maybe my throttle got a little bit crispier, but I did run out of time.  I richened the needle down one clip since I added the 280 just to be safe. so now I’m going to lean it out little by little 

Edited by jason.perez