Leaking Intakes

how much did the run on the frame for silver vein

If I remember right it was either 250 or 200 to sandblast, powdercoat, then clear coat it. I wouldn’t mind paying again for another frame since it’s quite durable. Accidentally dropped the motor and a case stud scraped the side of the frame. Sounded terrible, but it didn’t leave a scratch. Here’s the bike in its current state, little dirty:c365d06ba0b2350680375777c96efe10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone helping with this. Put some sealant on mounting bolts, retorqued and it past test with flying colors. Was able to start it today after sitting since February. Right pipe gets hot and left pipe stays cool. Runs really weird, plus left headlight is now dim. Feeling like a carb issue from sitting for so long or the powdercoat is messing with some grounds. But that’s for another day. I’ll take this as a win

• Like 1

Good to hear air leak is resolved.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Yeah I’m glad too. Fixed it all up today. Ended up being a clogged pilot jet on the choke carb. Made sense because it would kick on once I pulled the choke. Headlight was just loose wires. Gave them a jiggle and bam headlight got brighter. Happy it was all the easy crap. Thing freakin eats now
  • Like 1

Whelp.... it was running great. Thought about replacing the ball joints, but they were too expensive. Guess I have to get some now. e3ab339e90ede2b0e3ba553892b395d4.jpg

Oh shit that sucks. Were you going fast when it let go. Could have been real bad.

Oh shit that sucks. Were you going fast when it let go. Could have been real bad.

I was doing some 3rd gear wheelies, came down hard, and the ball joint threaded part sheared off flush with aarm end. It only rolled once.
Might just opt to get new aarms and tie rods altogether. Ball joints alone are expensive, plus everything else on my current setup is quite worn.

On 7/1/2019 at 6:05 PM, Banshee802 said:

I was doing some 3rd gear wheelies, came down hard, and the ball joint threaded part sheared off flush with aarm end. It only rolled once.
Might just opt to get new aarms and tie rods altogether. Ball joints alone are expensive, plus everything else on my current setup is quite worn.

what arms are those?

might be interested

what arms are those?
might be interested

Quite certain they are +2+1 lone star aarms. Going to have to be rebuilt and they have rust. I quickly took steel wool to one side and they cleaned up pretty good. Shoot me a price.

I’m looking for +2+1 stock travel aarms either chrome or candy red. Want them to come with tie rods and brake lines for around $500. If any sponsor wants to hook me up I’m PayPal ready.