Banshee won’t start or idle

you said its hard to kick? as in turn over. if it were me id inspect all moving parts now, start with easiest to access to more difficult. stator cover, to pulling head off, then clutch cover.  
could have smoke the pick up coil and its stuck to the fly wheel had that happen before with a tight gap 
when i was younger my first banshee made a loud pop too and then wouldnt run right, blew the rings out of the one side.  
"now it’s hard to ' start ' kick it like 50times" ... Start not kick?

Tho checking pistons every once & a while is smart ( especially when you have a problem) . Exhaust side usually shows more telltail signs

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

On 4/17/2019 at 11:53 AM, gusto said:

^^^^this

bigred350x, hows your build going?

Tore engine down, went through everything.  In the process of ordering parts here and there when I can afford them now.  Also have a RZR that I am adding parts to, so budget is spread between a couple toys.  Nothing really new to talk about.  Got  a +6 swingarm, chopped a lot of weight out of the frame, bled the brakes, ordered a new rear brake line, chain, sprockets, handle bars.  Just been doing the cheap easy stuff so far.

• Like 1

If he ran it out of gas and heard a pop (going lean, or possibly top end going out) its time to drain coolant and pop the head off and inspect things.

Take your plastics and gas tank off, drain coolant, and take the head off and take a look at everything.  Sounds like you have already checked the easy stuff and didn't find any culprits there.