Headlights not working.

Ok so I’ve read just about every thread on non working headlights that I could find. Still can’t quite figure it out. I’ve tried an eBay stator then bought an oem stator, still nothing. Both ohmed out within spec for all 3 tests. How do I check lighting coil voltage from the stator while the bikes running? Red lead in yellow stator wire and black lead to ground or black to black? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red to yellow and black to black, meter in AC mode. Should see about 10-50 depending on RPM if I remember correctly. It that checks out you can check voltage out of regulator and make sure its ~12V (I measure at the light sockets but you can check back by the regulator if you want).

K so I tested stator and that gets 15volts at idle and 40v when revved. To check the voltage regulator I unplugged the blue connector put red lead on male blue wire and black lead on ground wire. Didn’t read anything. Did I do this wrong or is my regulator shit?

Alright so getting 12volts out of the plug where it goes to the headlight plug in. I took the bulb out and it looks fine and has resistance and continuity going through it. Doesn’t this mean it’s still good? Would the throttle sensor, of tors stuff have anything to do with the grounding to the headlights? That is all unplugged but still on the harness

If you are getting 12V at the plug your problem is between the plug and the bulb (i.e. the wiring in the housing, socket or the bulb itself), has nothing to do with any other component. I would start by connecting the bulb to a 9V battery and confirm its working. 9v should be enough to light it up although it will be dim. If you happen to have a 12V battery laying around that's even better.

Just put brand new bulbs in and still doesn’t work. Checked for continuity between all three cables and it beeps for all. Not sure what else could be happening. Does the taillight have to be plugged in to complete the circuit?