New rings and gaskets but!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 2 jugs are better than one said:

Ok good to hear that’s what I was hoping to hear. I’m not gonna mess with anything tell spring now, I want warmer temps and if it runs good come that time I would like to do the tors delete bc that crap on top is a pain in the a$$ wow! as for pictures they look crappy when I resize them but the walls were spotless! The top of the pistons looked like coffee stain color and smooth 👌 also yes I did get my hands on flat o rings for both carb caps 👍 also screws were around 1.5 turns out prior to this all. 

OK, if you have jetting to compensate for the colder temps it would be fine but first step is to determine what your jetting is lol. TORS delete kit makes everything easier for sure. And i wanted to see the pistons to see if the lower compression side has signs of pitting from being lean but sounds like they didnt. 

7 minutes ago, dano3 said:

OK, if you have jetting to compensate for the colder temps it would be fine but first step is to determine what your jetting is lol. TORS delete kit makes everything easier for sure. And i wanted to see the pistons to see if the lower compression side has signs of pitting from being lean but sounds like they didnt. 

I got the picture to work now 👍 check it out above 

3 minutes ago, dano3 said:

hard to tell but looks ok. no melting on the edge of the piston near the exhaust port right? 

3 minutes ago, dano3 said:

hard to tell but looks ok. no melting on the edge of the piston near the exhaust port right? 

No it was smooth all around both cylinders and pistons. On another note my issue of fuel coming from the over flow that was not adjusted at all but I put new float valve/seal all in it and it’s doing the same thing still. Think it will fix itself this coming summer and flush out while riding our should I pull them dang carbs for the 3rd time 🤪.. also what about a inline fuel filter? And if so what microns would be good to keep any sand/crap out?

2 minutes ago, 2 jugs are better than one said:

No it was smooth all around both cylinders and pistons. On another note my issue of fuel coming from the over flow that was not adjusted at all but I put new float valve/seal all in it and it’s doing the same thing still. Think it will fix itself this coming summer and flush out while riding our should I pull them dang carbs for the 3rd time 🤪.. also what about a inline fuel filter? And if so what microns would be good to keep any sand/crap out?

If you dont have any air leaks your lean condition is either from a fuel supply issue/plugged jet or passage, or caused by jetting and temp changes. I would pull the carbs and really go through them and clean all the passages and make sure float height was set correctly. especially since you dont know what jets you are running. When i clean carbs i pull out all the brass and blow carb cleaner through every passage i can get too using the straw on the spray nozzle. If you have junk in your tank then drain/flush it out and fill with fresh mixed fuel. I dont run a fuel filter to ensure i dont restrict fuel flow but maybe someone else can share their experiences with them. I have seen them for sale on FAST racing so if you really think you need one then buy that one. 

9 minutes ago, dano3 said:

If you dont have any air leaks your lean condition is either from a fuel supply issue/plugged jet or passage, or caused by jetting and temp changes. I would pull the carbs and really go through them and clean all the passages and make sure float height was set correctly. especially since you dont know what jets you are running. When i clean carbs i pull out all the brass and blow carb cleaner through every passage i can get too using the straw on the spray nozzle. If you have junk in your tank then drain/flush it out and fill with fresh mixed fuel. I dont run a fuel filter to ensure i dont restrict fuel flow but maybe someone else can share their experiences with them. I have seen them for sale on FAST racing so if you really think you need one then buy that one. 

Ok thank for all the help man💯 

• 3 weeks later...

It warmed up to 40* yesterday so I put fresh gas in it with amsoil dominator and I mixed it to 32:1 like the last owner said he did. But the bottle says to mix it 50:1..the bike did run but it acted lean but smokes constantly. Should I mix 50:1 or use a different oil that’s 32:1 mix instead? The smoke was white 

Edited by 2 jugs are better than one

4 hours ago, ZillaFreak said:

Too advance math for you?

lol  

- just run 40:1 its afe ratio and easier to mix with 5 gallons just pour the 16 oz bottle in and be done

- pull carbs apart and clean thoroughly, blow out ALL passages then adjust float level, think is 24 mm? or 21 cant remember look up south texas banshee video will show you how to do it, this will stop your leakage from the carbs with the gas. also make sure choke tube between carbs is hooked up chief 

- find out the jet sizes, the main jet has nothing to do with your issue right now since its just at starting.  Make sure they are genuine mikuni jets, ive seen jetting issues arise with knock off jets.

-27.5 pilot with air screw half turn out would be a safe place to start if all you have is pipes and small stuff like that 

imo buying a single carb setup because you cant get the stockers to run is a waste of money sounds like user error to me 

Edited by Ayesully810