Stainless steel bolts too long?

Banshee802

Alright guys, so I bought a stainless steel clutch cover and stator cover bolt kit. All the clutch bolts went in find and all. But on the stator cover only like 2 bolts actually bolt down the cover. The rest of the bolts seem like they bottom out before even touching the plastic stator cover. Could this be because the bolts are too long? Has anyone ran into this problem before?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You sure you didn't mix them up, cause I think there is 2 or 3 different lengths on stator side.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

102% positive I didn’t mess it up. There are 3 very long bolts all same size and like 5 short bolts again same size. There’s no way the longer bolts could go anywhere else besides the stator cover. However they bottom out before the bolt head touches.

• Like 1

102% positive I didn’t mess it up. There are 3 very long bolts all same size and like 5 short bolts again same size. There’s no way the longer bolts could go anywhere else besides the stator cover. However they bottom out before the bolt head touches.

Then they must've messed up, sent couple of mm longer than they should. Try cutting them and taper the tip with grinder if you can't be bothered retaining.

Then they must've messed up, sent couple of mm longer than they should. Try cutting them and taper the tip with grinder if you can't be bothered retaining.

Cool. Just my luck lol. Do you happen to have any of the bolts lying around to quickly tell me the proper length? Thanks!

Returning not retaining lol

Have you blown out the holes? Stock bolts are a little shorter and will get dirt behind them. Also do you have the rubber gasket on the cover? 

Sprayed some wd40 in the holes and cleaned out the threads with a q tip. The bolt is going all the way in and bottoming out on the inside. I do have the rubber gasket on