99 Banshee Paint Ideas

Banshee802

Big hand full of foil soaked in water and scrub. Keep dipping foil in water. When foil breaks down get more. I went through a 15 foot roll of foil. Then moved on to rubbing compound with a drill. Very labour intensive but it tuns out well.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Wonder how the op made out. I dont think i would do it again though.
Anyone know if chrome shops would redip used pipes.?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Made pretty much no progress . Only thing I’ve done to the bike so far is delete coolant overflow bottle. Tried soaking rusty toomey stingers in clr and it cleaned them up a little. Haven’t touched headers or paint yet. Been busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2018-10-23 at 7:59 AM, ride.race.live said:

There's a chroming place in Montreal I was in touch with a few years back for my shearers and they where willing to do them even when used. 

Wasnt cheap though

I will try to check to see if they are still around. Nothing seems to be cheap anymore.

22 hours ago, Banshee802 said:

Made pretty much no progress emoji23.png. Only thing I’ve done to the bike so far is delete coolant overflow bottle. Tried soaking rusty toomey stingers in clr and it cleaned them up a little. Haven’t touched headers or paint yet. Been busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you get most of the heavy rust off, the pipes polish up pretty quickly. A bench top polisher/buffer also speads up the process.