doing a 4 mil

arena314

if I do this build then I'll be most likely be starting it after Thanksgiving due to the fact that the banshee runs flawlessly as of right now and I'd like to get 1 or 2 more rides in it this fall while the weather is nice although I have a few other quads theres something about the banshee that I like most. that gives me time to start piecing stuff together and buying it little by little so I'm not over whelmed by the cost. maybe I can also save a few bucks and buy the clutch basket first and waiting till after the build to get reeds

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, arena314 said:

if I do this build then I'll be most likely be starting it after Thanksgiving due to the fact that the banshee runs flawlessly as of right now and I'd like to get 1 or 2 more rides in it this fall while the weather is nice although I have a few other quads theres something about the banshee that I like most. that gives me time to start piecing stuff together and buying it little by little so I'm not over whelmed by the cost. maybe I can also save a few bucks and buy the clutch basket first and waiting till after the build to get reeds

thats a good idea, buying it piece by piece might be better lol I like it that way thats what I did this past year it was easier than the year before where i dropped 2k at once i was like wtf after wards not to mention i did it on credit which is another wtf

Edited by Ayesully810

tors are removed I did that when I first got the quad and it has t5's on it which I think I'll run for the foreseeable future, stock reeds for now on and stock carbs also for the foreseeable future. most important stuff is the stuff you can only replace while your in the motor. where should I go to look for this shift star? any links you can send me

36 minutes ago, arena314 said:

Yes, MacDaddy does nice work. Any site sponsor (including MacDaddy) can get you setup and likely for a lower price than buying through eBay. In general be careful buying off eBay, if you don't know what's good and what's trash you can waste a lot of money buying trash. I also understand your desire to piece things together slowly but if you save up and buy it all at once from a sponsor you'll probably get a better deal then buying it all separate. Check out the sponsors here: https://www.bansheehq.com/bansheehq-sponsors/

anytime shopping on Ebay I make sure theres a brand I've heard of and is known for being good I just know that even "good" brands are better at making some products then others then I normally go to different sites looking at the same part to see who sells it for the lowest price. as far as the water pump going the stock impeller is good to run and just change the plastic gear to a billet correct?

17 hours ago, arena314 said:

anytime shopping on Ebay I make sure theres a brand I've heard of and is known for being good I just know that even "good" brands are better at making some products then others then I normally go to different sites looking at the same part to see who sells it for the lowest price. as far as the water pump going the stock impeller is good to run and just change the plastic gear to a billet correct?

yes lots of ppl run the plastic impellar but the stock gear can be upgraded. mull sells good stuff and chariot. 

list of places i buy from

-driveline, fast, macdaddy, 

hey guys another question.. what main and pilot jets would be a good safe starting point? I know I have a lot of time before I even start the project but I guess why not ask now. if I had the 4 mil crank, assassin top end that I posted the link to in my first post, t5 pipes, uni filter in stock air box, stock reeds for now, and +4 timing on the stock mikuni carbs with 23cc domes on pump gas. my elevation ranges from about 40 ft to 900 ft depending on where I ride