I have a stock stroke stock cylinder motor, with +4 timing, dune port, coolhead,vf4, shearer inframes. Nothing special really and I can pull away from my buddy on his 450 all day. It don't take much

Good to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Troeller said:

I was starting in 2nd gear and still couldn’t get the damn thing to hook with holeshot tires all it did was spin in the grass field.

So why not set up the bike to hook instead of adding power that will make it spin even more? Be careful not to cross the line between a fun bike and a bike more suited for strait line only fun like i did.

^  ^ this... play with shock, narrow up your axle (if it's adjustable) rider position & sprockets ( for a good 2nd gear launch) 1st 

Then tires if needed  next (if its grass racing get a cheep set of 4snows) you'll have to start the set up all over again with tires.  then go from there . i'll bet you'll be really close provided you can hole shot good

Narrowing the axle is going to make handling suffer.

4 snows and pro wedge 2's are a good tire to slap on for some strait line fun. I still have a set of pro wedge 2s in my attic. My current engine over powers them though now.