Beet Silencer/Muffler

SeanC7

you can find some.. whats wrong with them? post some pics. 
Wish I could, bikes motors getting cracked at the shop, they are just ugly, also, smoke comes out before the actual end because it's not fully screwed in, they used some sort of gunk to seal it I guess.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you want to quite the pipes down, I would suggest Cascade silencers.  Now, I have no idea if the new cascade owners are producing them, but when Chris and Tim owned it, they made some top quality stuff.  I run their silencers (big bore though) on my 521, and love them.

If you want to quite the pipes down, I would suggest Cascade silencers.  Now, I have no idea if the new cascade owners are producing them, but when Chris and Tim owned it, they made some top quality stuff.  I run their silencers (big bore though) on my 521, and love them.
Cool man let me google it. Thx

hes not concerned with Db's

i wouldnt waste money on those unless your riding in an area that has noise restrictions.

Your silencers are fine probably.  You could easily polish those things up nice, repack the silencers, and seal the stingers to the silencers with o rings like they are suppose to be so you get a good seal and possible replace the rivets at the end where the stinger connects. 

if you wanna polish your silencers, get some 1500, 1000, 800 wet dry sand paper, start with the 800 and finish with 1500, then polish them with 00 steel whool and polish with some mothers and a rag, they will look real nice, even nicer the more time you put into each step 

Edited by Ayesully810

hes not concerned with Db's
i wouldnt waste money on those unless your riding in an area that has noise restrictions.
Your silencers are fine probably.  You could easily polish those things up nice, repack the silencers, and seal the stingers to the silencers with o rings like they are suppose to be so you get a good seal 
Sounds like I can do 0% of that on my own, and ya I'm not concerned with noise restrictions lol.

4 minutes ago, SeanC7 said:

Sounds like I can do 0% of that on my own, and ya I'm not concerned with noise restrictions lol.

its so easy, all it takes is some effort and reading. if you dont want to learn to do something as simple as repack a silencers plan to spend stupid amount of money on this thing then, because when something happens (it will) your going to pay 10 fold for a remedial task.  just my 2 cent. my advice,  learn that machine inside and out in less than a year ,if you want to, it will pay off plus its fun

Edited by Ayesully810

its so easy, all it takes is some effort and reading. if you dont want to learn to do something as simple as repack a silencers plan to spend stupid amount of money on this thing then, because when something happens (it will) your going to pay 10 fold for a remedial task.  just my 2 cent. my advice,  learn that machine inside and out in less than a year ,if you want to, it will pay off plus its fun
I know alot about this bike itself, engine components I've owned two stroke bikes before I googled it, doesnt seem that hard but if I can pay my mechanic 30 bucks while hes already working on the bike i sure will lol. Once the engine is taken care of i can do the rest, i hope lol

Here’s an idea, call CPI and get new ones. No packing, no polishing, no fuss. I just put a set on a customer bike and used threebond 1211 to seal between stingers n silencer 
I mentioned this to the dude working on the bike he claimed he would take care of it, I was just thinking maybe down the line I can upgrade? If its beneficial

$30 mechanic. 
The bikes already under the knife, I cant imagine he will tack on much more to do this.

This guy is backed up two weeks on bikes, I went to his shop must have counted 9 banshees...real deal, regular prices cost me 350 just to crack the engine, check the port job, etc +he has a dyno