421 serval up north

Why do people say this "$10000 in upgrades no expense was spared" when it is never true?

full custom adjustable ELKA suspension - stage 3 are not custom nor fully adjustable

Lonestar racing billet swing arm 1" shorter than stock - not billet

• Like 1

Hi I built both the ones shown in the add the black is more or less the same minus being with lonstar parts the yellow is leagers F/R, we do actully have the reipts for 75% of the parts other than the fast serval engine and pipes witch i got the same exact repits for 3500cdn. And sorry for some of the miss prints my bro inlaw wrote the add as i built this for him.

Im not sure how you can judge it just bassed on the add where many parts are not included, also this is cdn dollars here thats ~75-80 usd dallars, shipping alone all the parts is very $$, but not even mentioned in the add

The front shocks stage 3 with the upgrades are 2 or 3 way adjustable, The rear is a stage 4 fully adjustable.

Some parts are not fully mentioned, It has has a new yamaha ignition on a cascade timing plate, led-bar/mounts from jds, JDS rotor/sprocket gards, durablue X-33 axle, bp intake, new sudco carb, uni filter, new complete seat, all the chssis parts stem/swinger/dc4 arms are LSR, hydro steering damper, every clamp or cap on the bars is billet, the bars are actully fat bars/lock on grips, terry adjustable billet throttle, asv gen4 perch, hidden jds key, the bedline on the fenders is the professional not some rattle can, the wheels are dwt not cheap alba units armadilla grab bar that was powder-coated like everything else is a semi gloss black. The engine was built by fast with all their in house parts bottom end also got inspected and any parts where need where replaced and re sealed. hinson clutch and a billet kicker too, lots of parts witch we im still forgetting to mention.

The only complaints i have about it is the alba nef bars kinda suck, and we should have got the elka link to work best with the shock as its a long travel shock they sent us some how but all still works great. But everything works quite nice wish i could keep it, but why would anyone want two of almost the exact same banshee's!

Edited by Canada

It is very easy to base it on the ad when that is all we have to go on. When you don't list everything or show it in the pictures, very easy to base it on the only thing, the ad.

But the main thing, "no expense spared" when that is clearly not the case. Just be honest in the ad and stop lying. It will sell itself, no need to make things up to sell it.

• Like 1

Zilla you got some good points there, if the add is updated we will try to add more detail, and get rid of the hype talk.

That said  dont really want to over do it as it can kinda scare race quad newbies away wit so much random specs. It will most likely take a very long time to sell up here as there is almost no one that is interested in sport quad anymore in our area, only sxs are getting more popular every day it seems.

Also Zilla Do you have a q-zilla i have a nice one im working on. it looks mainly stock but has all the sblt mods, i love riding it around. Ya if you know a good place to send the jug let me know i want to get a bigger pipe soon.

Thanks Gusto i see you are close by, you should come check it out some time!

Edited by Canada

You don't have to give all the info, but give the main points.

421 serval built by FAST racing

FMF pipes

PWK38MM carb on 2-1 manifold

ELKA front and rear shocks

etc. 

No one really cares about a billet gas cap and those basic mods. it is a nice quad, but just make sure you give the correct info.

As for the zilla top end, there are a few people out there that can make it run great. Jerry aka HRP makes a great pipe and can really wake the jug up. Mitch us to make some good pipes but I think he is out. Shearer pipe is also good. LED can work the jug. I personally don't like Q as I think he is a fraud. AAEN makes a cheap pipe that is better than the basic ones. Really, anyone that understands porting and PV can wake up a zilla.

I sold my 87 zilla two years ago. Made 71hp/55tq on a bad tune. Still didn’t get the jetting right. I was using an AAEN pipe, cv tech port job and vf3 reeds. 

If i was to do a zilla again I would use Jerry Hall for sure and his pipe. AAEN second choice though.

Hall is expensive though

i will send you my dyno if I can find it

Thanks to you both, I will be sending the jug some ware soon, the engine is a early 88 with the 87 wide internal ratio trans gears, so far engine wise i just got a fmf and modifed the carb slide and 89 jetting, and a sblt no box intake with a giant 8" uni pod.

Gusto any good places to rid other the brule dunes, are you going to trike fest this year?

Lots of people like Vega and Smith area. I have been to neither and drag my quad back to Ontario where its unlimited riding.

The quadzilla you must do the rm250 wrist pin upgrade and brass or steel crank inserts. Some guys reinforce the ears on the cylinder. O ring the head etc. Jerry Hall provides all this but he is pricey....but worth it. Iceracer (Carl) on the quadracer hq forum also does this work as well as DrQ, Duncan, Pete S (cant remember his shop name). Basically register on the quadracer forum and do some reading. Ultimately I sold my 500 due to parts availability and price. Banshees are everywhere.

Ok sounds good on the top end and wrist pin, I have no idea about whats already been done on this Zilla units bottom end, as i bought it already 80% reastored it sure looks very nice and i feel i got a great deal on it that way, as my trx250r costed 3x as much just to build than i paid for the zilla.

When once riding the pickup coil on the 30 year old original stator fell off and i had to tow it home, when i took it off to replace with a new unit, i noticed the crank was tight thank god! Also strangely there apeares to be three or four holes with very hard grey apoxy ozzed out near the crank bearing area, is this a normal thing from suzuki or is it mean the race or steel insert is pressed in (the crank has deff been removed and worked on at least once)

Sorry for all the qestions, but the zillahq is extremely slow and i dont know anyone that can answer most of my questions at once, like you already did

Thanks